Chapter Seven

Imad is traveling today with his uncle, he is anxious as I am. He has never traveled, let along with his uncle. They are only going for two nights — three days. I had to explain to him why I couldn't go with him, he whined about it. But he was so excited that he forgot what he was sad about. "Do you think I am going to meet Messi?" He asked putting on his shoes.

"If you are lucky enough, you might even get a picture with him. That's if you are a good boy and don't give your uncle a hard time," I said while folding his clothes and putting them into his suitcase.

"I promise I will be a good boy. And I won't ask Uncle Ahmed questions because I know he doesn't like questions." He jumped from his bed. "Ready! I can't wait to get on an airplane."

"Don't forget to say your duas [prayers], brush your teeth before you go to sleep and no eating too much chocolate. You know what happens when you eat too much chocolate, your tummy aches." I close his suitcase and place it on the floor.

"Okay Layla, I won't forget."

"I am going to miss you so much, and I'll come at the airport to pick you up. So you can tell me everything about Barcelona and the soccer match," I said and hugged him.

"Imad!" A loud yell came from downstairs. Mr Ahmed was calling him — they are leaving now. I helped Imad with his suitcase down the stairs. Mr Ahmed wore dark-blue jeans and a t-shirt. You can see clearly his toned biceps, and chiseled chest. I quickly looked away, and did istgfar [Asking God for forgiveness]. I was staring... I don't think I have ever seen him wearing causal clothes.

"Promise you will come pick me up from the airport," Imad looked up to me. I bent down and kissed him on his cheek.

"Promise." He hugged me. I am so going to miss him. Mr Ahmed, had an obscure smile. Barely a smile.

I left the mansion immediately after Imad and his uncle left. I took the bus home, to pick up some things for my mum. Once I packed the necessities. I went to the hospital. I walked head straight, not really observing my surroundings. I just need to get to my mother, that's all I thought about. They started with the medication. "Layla!" I turned around and saw Hudaa. I waited for her, to catch up to me.

"Assalam alaykum," she greeted.

"Waalikum salam," I replied. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see Walid. I have important news to tell him," she said.

"Oh is everything okay?" I asked concerned.

"Everything is good," she said with a grin.

"Alhamdulliah [Thank God]. Okay I am going to see my mother," I told her.

"Oh how is your mum? Is she getting better?"

"She started the treatment yesterday, so far so good." I said. "I'll see you later Hudaa."

"Okay I'll come to see her once I find Walid," she said.

"Okay." I hugged her and continued walking. I got to the room and entered, my mum was fast asleep. I kissed her on the forehead and made a dua [prayer] and sat besides her. Holding her hand. I eventually fall asleep. Like a chant — my name was being called. It was syncing with my dreams, but I got startled and my eyes open. My eyes flicker and than opened fully. Hudaa stood in-front of me.

"Hey sleeping beauty," she said and smiled. There's something about Hudaa today, there's like this glow. She's radiant and beaming.

"Hi," I replied. I look over to my side, my mum still sleeping.

"Guess what?"'

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"I am pregnant. Layla I am pregnant," she said, my eyes widen. I quickly stood up and hugged her. I congratulated her, I am so happy for her.
My mother woke up, from all the excitement squealing and giggles. She has wanted a baby, since she got married. It's been two years, and now she's finally pregnant. Hudaa told my mother, and she made a dua for her.
...

I have been spending time with my mum in the hospital. I didn't realize how much I have been away from her until she started talking about her time, when I wasn't home. My mother lives with me in my apartment, though I am rarely home. I just wish I had spent more time with her at home. "Layla, your going to be a mother one day. And you'll be the best one," my mother said to me. " When you hold your child in your hands, you will find the most joy."

"Insha allah [ If God wills]."

"Baed alsabri, wal'ashya' aljamilat tantazir."
[After patience, beautiful things await.]

***
Thanks for reading.❤️