Chapter XVI

PICTURE OF SCARLETT FOR THIS CHAPTER BELOW

GUYS ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END SO YALL DONT SAY I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING

GUYS ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END SO YALL DONT SAY I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING. HAPPY READINGS AND DONT KILL ME :)

The day of the gala there was so much going on at the same time. Because it was going to start with a fashion show, we had to get the venue ready. I spent the whole day helping Alex set everything up together with her agent and assistant as the employees slowly put the whole venue together. Alex was an ecstatic ball of annoyance all day, rushing from one place to another, shouting orders and just have mini breakdowns every other hour as tiny problems arose. Like the flowers. Good heavens mercy, the flowers.

Whoever got the flower bouquets done got confused and brought Dahlia's with Peonies instead of Zinnia's with peonies. But there was no time to get everything redone. So after telling her to get her crap together I dragged her out of the venue so we could meet up with the stylist and the designer. It took exactly five hours to get everything together.

Alex had chosen a white long-sleeved dress that hugged my body in all the right places, and it had and uncovered back and a cute lazy bow at the top of my spine that all together looked somewhat sexy. The stylist arranged my hair in an updo and put minimal makeup because I threatened to have his career if he got funny with the loads of makeup. Alex put on a beautiful gold dress that had enough cleavage for the both of us. The dress went perfectly with her dark luscious hair that was styled parted at the side and slicked, falling on one shoulder.

"Well, you look hot" Alex said, admiring the stylist work. I grinned

"Right back at ya. If Oliver doesn't marry you after tonight, I'll marry you myself" I said smiling and she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. The day he decided what the hell he wants then I'll start paying attention to him" she said and I raised my eyebrows

"Do I even wanna know?" I asked. Alex snatched her purse from the counter

"Probably not" she said it in a way that screamed to let it go. So I did. But she'd have to tell me soon.

My phone dinged and I looked down at the iPhone. Andrew

Are you two ready?

I rolled my eyes away from Alex

Yes

There was a knock at Alex's door.

"I think they're here!"I called and Alex ran to the front door. When she opened Andrew and Oliver were standing there. Oliver embraced Alex as Andrew walked my way. I looked down at my hands and Andrew put his arms around me in an awkward hug. I had to bite my lip to keep from hissing as his hands touched my lower back to press me against his.

"Remember our conversation, Scarlett. No funny business" he whispered in my ear and I swallowed. He then puled away and took my hand in his.

"You forgot your ring, dear" he said, slipping the diamond ring I had purposely left at home back in my finger. I gave me him a small pained smile and allowed him to walk me out under Alex's eyes.