Chapter XXIII

I'M SORRY FOR THE DELAY! THANK YOU FOR THE PATIENCE. DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT

I was frozen. The year that I had gone through with Andrew just hit me and pieces started to fall in place. This is how Andrew went through a year of marriage without touching me.

No wonder...

I turned to Nate

"Did you know about this?" I asked in a mumble as the girl walked around us and sat next to Moore.

"Yes. I had my suspicions, but I thought-"

"Why didn't you say anything? Why wait?" I cut him off

"I didn't want to upset you with just suspicions, which is why I hired Moore to investigate this, because I wanted you to know the truth" he said and I frowned

"Oh I'm not upset. This could be the best thing that's ever happened to me" I said, and looked at Calliope who was looking impossibly ashamed.

"I did not know Andrew had a wife. I recently found out when Mr. Hatford contacted me. Andrew had been trying to make deals with my father here in Greece, but my father has accepted to keep his silence until this is all over. He won't be making any company deals with Andrew anymore" Calliope said, and I nodded quietly. Poor woman. Maybe she did like him, and she must feel more betrayed than me, and I was the wife.

Well in name, because Andrew had never been my husband in more than title.

"Will you be willing to make a full statement of your relationship with Mr. Walcott?" Moore asked Calliope and she nodded quietly.

Good.

"If we have a full statement and I can prove he's been breaking his own prenup we can win this case and he will lose any divorce settlements completely. We can do this" Moore said, writing things down on his pad.

"What if he turns the game and accuses me of cheating too? He does have a...video" I mumbled, and Calliope raised her eyebrows but stayed quiet. Good thinking.

"When it comes to these kind of technicality prenups, it comes down to who speaks first. I already have the papers drawn and ready to be submitted. I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that the reason he hasn't said anything is because he's unsure if you know about his affair or not. If there was a chance you didn't know, he would've drawn the papers long ago, or at least when he got the proof of your...well, relationship with Mr. Hatford" Moore said and I nodded.

"When can we get this started?" I asked and Nate turned to Moore

"I just need your signature here, allowing me to get all the documentation needed. And Calliope? I need your signature as well, it states that you will be giving me your statement in writing and it states the date and time it was signed" Moore said and started passing papers. Nate suddenly reached over and grabbed my hand. I looked up at him and found he was smiling at me slightly, something I responded with a small smile of my own. This was finally happening and him and I could finally go public.

I finally felt like there was going to be a light oat the end of the tunnel after all.

~.~.~.~.~

"I want to apologize again. I am so so very sorry this happened, and I will try my best to make it better" Calliope was saying as we all three walked out of the office finally. I waved her arguments away with a hand while giving her a small smile.

"Thank you, for agreeing to submit a statement. That means more than you will ever know. And please, be careful" I added as Nate grabbed my hand in his. Calliope nodded, and we parted ways after a brief goodbye.