Eighteen

"That's him!" Seokjin pointed to Jaehwan, his officemate who was going all the way to the parking lot.

Quickly, i stopped a cab and told the driver to follow the car right after Jaehwan drove off his car. Seokjin was curious, so did I.

About the problems before, we didn't talk about it anymore. We just let it through, pretended nothing happened.

On our way, Seokjin suddenly spoke "It's familiar. My family always go here.. using this way" Seokjin said, looking around clueless.

Until the driver pulled over, saying the car has stopped too. Jaehwan stopped his car when he arrived at one place.

I paid the driver and both of us got off from the cab and sneaked. We followed Jaehwan and i heard Seokjin gasped under his breathe.

"This is.."

"Cemetery" i continued when he was lost for words. Our eyes looked at Jaehwan, whom brought a bouquet of flowers and went to a grave. He stood there, staring down before he kneeled down.

"Bro, i miss you so much. Im sorry i irritated you on the other day" Suddenly he chuckled. "I guess i've said this for numerous times each time i visit your grave. But nobody will answer me"

He sobbed and sat there, placing the flowers onto the grave.

"You see, someone came to your desk on the other day. She wore your nametag, i dont know who is she, but.. she looks mysterious. Maybe someone u know" He smiled weakly.

"Oh god" He suddenly bursted into tears and looked down to the ground, regretting about something.

"Jae..hwan?" I called him out as i approached him. He was shocked and quickly stood up before he bowed, showing the respect and i did the same. I dont know what to address him, sunbae? Oppa? Omo.

"You are that girl from before!" he was shocked to see me. "H-hye there.." I smiled nervously and raised up my hand.

"Who are u actually?" He asked. "Im.." i looked at Seokjin. "Im just someone who knows Seokjin. You can say he is my friend" i smiled.

"Why are u crying?" i asked.

"Im sad. What else? The person i adore, the person that used to be my role model has died. He is the only one that proved not everything in life is ..."

"..easy to get. You need to work hard, no matter what if u want to reach it"

Seokjin continued at the same time Jaehwan said. Both are unison but Jaehwan can't hear him.

"Seokjin told me that once ago, that's what i always remind myself in case im about to give up. Because u see.. i was an alcoholic and my life messed up. But because of him, im succeed now"

I looked at Seokjin right away.

I mouthed at him. 'I need a better explanation'

Then my gaze changed to Jaehwan again. "Why did u tell me to bring his things away fast?"

"I can't bear to see his things. Not even a necktie. The last time i spoken with him, he was mad at me. And i haven't get to apologise... until the day of his death"

I was surprised, i knew the whole story, all this time i thought that he really hates Seokjin but he isn't.

•••

That night, i didn't speak to Seokjin. I sat down on the chair at my study desk, looking down to my phone.

"Maeli, are u angry?" Seokjin asked, appearing like a smoke. I shook my head and still typing on my phone.

"I didn't kmow about his feelings of me as his role model and else! i swear oh lord" He ruffled his hair. "It's not my point of view so--"

"Stop it. I understand. Im not mad, just sad to hear his words" I sighed and still typing. "Maeli"

He called but i didn't hear him, because too focused on my phone.

"Maeli" He called again.

"Maeli, im talking here. Whom are u sending those messages to??" He came closer to take a look and shocked because i intended to send them to Jaehwan.

He was shocked, more to like a female shock expression. "How dare you breaking my heart like this" and yes, spoke just like female's words and tone.

"Shut it. I just wondering if i can help him telling you how sorry he is"

"Why though?"

"Can't u see he is so sad. He didn't get to apologise eventhough he didn't do anything wrong"

"He annoyed me"

I stopped typing and turned around to Seokjin. "Can u please tell me further about that? What did he asked until he annoyed you so much"

"W-well.. actually it wasn't his fault. He just wanted to ask me about advices to stop smoking. But he asked it at the wrong time and i.. accidentally mad at him"

"That's what i want to know. Now u need to come downstairs with me now" I stood up and went out from the room. Seokjin followed behind me "For what?"

Someone knocked the door and I rushed to open it, revealing Jaehwan by the door. "Are u.. sure about it?"

"Im not a shaman and im not a liar too. Come in"

"Is he.. really here?" Jaehwan spoke. "You really trust someone dont you" i smiled and told him to be seated as i went to bring him so juice and cookies.

"Yes Seokjin is here. You can tell him whatever you want and i will tell what he says"

"How can i trust you? Im sorry"

"Just ask anything that you both know"

"D-do u remember when i was an alcoholic that time because stressed out and i slept by the street. What did u say to make me get up and let you send me home?" Jaehwan was nervous to say it.

"Seokjin please, no false answer. Im trusting you"

Seokjin looked at Jaehwan and sighed woth his both arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Dont give up on life, you never walk alone"