Date???

The four ninja - Cole, Jay, Zane and Lloyd are trying to find out about Kai and Nya's secrets. They decided that it will be easier to ask and at least hope to get answers when they are alone. So they had to separate them. They thought that the best way to do so is if one of them will be on a date. So now guys were convincing Jay about asking Nya out.
-Oh, come on dude. You like her and wanted to ask her out for awhile. This is your chance to date Nya and get all the answers.-Cole still was trying
-Come on Cole. What can we do about Jay being a coward-Lloyd teased
Jay blushed slightly and shook his head no.
-I'm not a coward-he states
-That means you are gonna ask her?-Zane asked coming in the room with Nya. Jay understood that it was already too late to back off now and made a step forward. Nya back off a little shocked slightly by Jays sudden movement. He was shaking but tried to not show he is nervous. He was already blushing as well as Nya. Then Kai just came in room and sat on the sofa. He turned on the TV and started watching random channel. Jay tried to ignore him and stepped closer to Nya again. This time she didn't move back and just stared in Jays electric blue eyes.
-N-Nya I wanted to know if you'd like to go somewhere with me. Alone.-he said and let himself relax. Nya looked at him then stared at the ceiling, at the floor, at the eyes of her teammates. It was like she was just trying to avoid eye contact with Jay. When she looked in his eyes once again she understood that he was waiting for an answer. She looked at her brother wanting him to help or at least give a hint what to do like he always does. Nya stared at her brother hoping he will say for do something but he looked at her for a second and turned his eyes to the TV and shook his head and shrugged. Nya didn't understand was that shook a hint to tell him no or just he was thinking inside his head. But the when he shrugged Nya understood what he meant. She turned to Jay who was now looking at the floor from embarrassment.
-Jay it's really nice of you really. But I don't think I can. -Nya said gently trying not to upset her friend. Jay stared at her in shock for a second then turned his head towards the red ninja who turned his head away the moment Jay looked at him. Jay glared at the master of fire. His fists clenched in anger and small electric discharges passing through his fingers as he thought about the spikey haired guy who just ruined his life. Kai wasn't even looking in Jays direction anymore and was continuing watching TV what pissed Jay off even more.
Jay POV
I was very nervous about asking Nya out, even tho guys convinced me that she likes me too. I was shaking and tried to act cool. I finally managed to ask her but she didn't even look at me. She was avoiding making eye contact with me. Then she suddenly looked at Kai. I was hoping that nothing will happen and god, I was wrong. He looked away and shook his head. I guess he gave Nya hint what to do. I tried to ignore the feeling fueling me and looked away. Just then Nya put her hand on my shoulder and said that she can't go with me. I was crashed. Petrified. Dead. And. MAD! How could he make her tell me no just because of his protectiveness and big ego. I was patient to everything but this. I stormed off and rushed in my room and locked the door. I then just lied on my bed with blank mind, before I understood that I have to do something. And I have to do something NOW.