Chapter-9

Shreya POV

Two months passed with the blink of an eye. Kabir was returning back from London today and all the functions were starting from tomorrow. I was on leave for the next 3 weeks. Neither Kabir contacted me during this one month nor I called him. I was very busy and assumed that he was too. I didn't wanted to disturb him.

"Shreya, we need to go for shopping. You haven't even purchased your dresses for the functions. Today is the only day we have so get ready and call Anika to accompany us." Riya Bhabhi ordered.

"Okay Bhabhi I'll call her but we need to make it quick. I don't like shopping."I whined.

"Just call her. I'm dragging your brothers too for shopping. " She grinned.

"I love you Bhabhi!" I called Anika and we went for shopping.
After 240 minutes and over a 1000 outfits later, we found everything we were looking for. I was very very hungry by then.

"Bhais let's go and eat something." I said.
"I second that." Anika said.
"But we do not third that." My Bhabhis said together.
"Shreya, we have to buy jewellery first, let's go. We don't have time." Khyati Bhabhi said.

"Absolutely not, first i need fuel in my system to carry on the torture." I said. Virat bhai, Rohit bhai and Anika nodded in agreement.

"Fine! Go eat and come back quickly. We both will be in the jewellery shop selecting things for you." Riya Bhabhi said and I grinned.

We went to Domino's and hogged like nomadic people. Bhabhis better know not to keep us hungry for too long. We are the Kashyap's, if we stay hungry for too long, we tend to loose your brains. Well Anika was the sensible one till the initial 3 months of her life but when she met me, she became like me though she thinks she is the mature one.

"Let's go before your Bhabhis kill us." Virat bhai said and we all nodded.

Then we were finally done with all the shopping and went back home. The torture did not end there. I was made to try all the 10 sarees that were purchased for me along with the functions outfits. I cried, I begged to stop but no one heard me and continued the 'let's dress up Shreya' game for the next hour. Finally Papa came to my rescue.

"Leave that little soul alone for sometime. Are you ladies heartless?" He asked.
I ran to him but was about to trip over my saree when Rohit bhai caught me..

"Carefully angel. If you fall and break your nose then you will become a complete joker." Saying this he Bursted out laughing. I pouted.

"Now out of the room everyone, let her rest. Anika beta you can stay with her." My Papa said.

"Okay uncle." Anika replied and everyone went out of the room.
Then she helped me get rid of that damn saree and cleaned up while I was changing into my pyjamas.
She left after that and I went down for dinner.
I was shocked to see all my favourite dishes set on the table. I looked at mumma who was teary eyed. I immediately went and hugged her.

"Mumma you are not getting rid of me in the near future. Virat Bhai told me that I'm not going to Delhi. I will be in Mumbai itself.

"Areee stupid that's why mumma is crying thinking that she is not getting rid of you." Rohit bhai said entering the living room.

"Rohit bhai I absolutely hate you. Wait, I'll kick you now." I said and started running to him. I don't know how everyone in house ended up running after each other.

Rohit POV
I teased Shreya to lighten up the mood of everyone in the room but after sometime there was a mess going on where everyone was running after one another. I immediately thought of stopping Khyati but Jahanavi attacked me. I then heard a sharp scream. It was Khyati's. She was about to land on the sharp end of a show piece by her stomach but Shreya placed a hand on her belly and caught her before Khyati could fall. I sighed in relief.
Suddenly Shreya started crying and apologising to Khyati continuously.

"Why are you apologising Shreya? You saved me and the baby. I am very thankful to you." Khyati said and we all nodded.

"Bhabhi I was the one who started this immature game. If something would have happened to you then  I would have been able to forgive myself." Shreya replied.

"Princess it is absolutely not your fault, I was the one who started this. I'm sorry.
"Guys stop apologising. Nothing happened to me. Its my fault, I should have been more careful." Khyati said .

Shreya POV

Finally Jahanavi announced that it was no one's fault and was an accident. We all laughed at her antics.
After all this, we had our dinner peacefully and I as usual started watching cartoons with Jahanavi.

"Jahanavi go to bed." Riya Bhabhi ordered.
"Mumma just 2 minutes." She said.
"Shreya you too. Off to bed now. Tomorrow we have to leave for the farmhouse for the functions." Bhabhi added.

"Bhabhi just 2 minutes." I said ignoring her.

She again asked Riya to go to bed but her brilliant reply was
"Bua is not going so I will also not go."

Bhabhi switched the TV off from the main plug. We both pouted.

"Shreya you are getting married within the next 7 days. Stop behaving like Jahanavi for God's sake. I don't know how Kabir will put up with you." She added.

"Bhabhi he will have to accept me as who I am. I will never change myself for anyone."  I said fiercely.

"Okay meri Jhansi ki rani!" Now go to bed. We have to start early morning tomorrow. Kabir's and his family have already reached there today." She said.

"Okay" I replied and went to my room. 

I will return to this house as a married woman. I'll miss it. With these thoughts lingering I somehow managed to sleep.

Hello lovely readers. Here is another update. I hope you all like it. All the votes and comments are highly appreciated. Until next time. Adios.