Chapter- 37

Shreya POV

The next morning, when I woke up, Kabir was all ready to leave for office. I looked at the watch. It was 9 freaking 15. I am so dead, Bua dadi will taunt me to death today.

" Kabir, why the fuck didn't you wake me up?" I asked him angrily.

" Mrs Rathore, language!" He said and chuckled.

" Language! Are you fucking kidding me? Now when I will go down, dadi bua will be all ready to give me a long nice lecture." I snapped.

" Your fault, you should have woken up on time." He said.

" Oh really! I wonder who kept me awake till 4 in the morning." I said sarcastically.

" Getting all feisty, are we Mrs Rathore?" He asked and smirked.

I just blushed.

I got ready and went downstairs. To avoid clothes lecture from bua dadi, I wore-

" Going all traditional huh!" Kabir said sarcastically

I just showed him my tongue.

" Very mature M' lady." He remarked.

I went downstairs and saw Roshni bhabhi in a kurti too. I winked at her. She winked back.

" Thank you god for knocking some sense into these ladies." Bua dadi said.

I went to the kitchen to help Bhabhi.

" You look good." Bhabhi said.

" You too." I replied back.

" But Shreya, all day this gets a little uncomfortable." She said.

" I know right. I mean before bua dadi happened, I wore traditionals for my marriage only." I said.

" Yeah." She said.

We prepared Poha and served everyone. After eating, papa, Siddharth bhai and Kabir left for work.

" Mom, I am leaving for office too." I said.

" Me too maa." Bhabhi said.

" Don't you think that they should focus more on home than outside?" Bua dadi asked mom.

" No. I got them married to Siddharth and Kabir respectively because they are smart and independent. We all will have problem if they just sit at home and just do house chores." Mom replied bua dadi.

Well done mom.

" Girls, go." Mom ordered. We nodded and left.

" Anika, why are you here? You should be home. You are on maternity leave." I said. I really don't know what she is doing in the office.

" Leave hii and bye. My due delivery date is closer and I am nervous AF." She said.

" Let's go to my cabin and talk." I said. She followed me.

" God, I am getting pre-baby gitters if they exist." She said. I chuckled.

" Anika, I know that whatever you do, you will excel at it." I said seriously.

" And how do you know that?" She asked.

" Because you are my best friend." I said jokingly.

She just rolled my eyes.

" Thank god I came to you. I knew that you will not say anything serious and joke 90% of the time, but you did refresh me." She said.

" I know i am the best." I said.

I then saw Vaibhav knocking the door of my cabin.

" Please sir" I said.

" If you ladies are done, we have some work to discuss." He said.

" Sure." I said.

He took a seat and we lined up today's schedule after noon.

" Shreya, do one thing. Go to the Raheja Corp office and get the exclusive interview of the CEO regarding the recent merger between Raheja group and Malhotra Enterprise. The appointment has already been scheduled.

I did as I was told and started for the office.

I got the interview done within 2 hours. I started for the office.

The rest of the day passed in a blurr. It was Primetime.

" Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Primetime. Two of the major National Political Parties have come together to tell us that they feel that  there is no need to show respect for the national anthem by standing up in a cinema hall when it is played. They feel that the national anthem is an unnecessary imposition before a movie is played. They feel that if required you should sit through the playing of the national anthem because that is your choice. They feel that it is uncool to stand for 52 seconds for the anthem. These people for whom showing disrespect to the national anthem is fun and a matter of choice will now have to be confronted. They have insulted the national song working to a plan viewers. Today they will insult the national anthem and trust me on this viewers, tomorrow they may start insulting the national flag? For how long will this go on? I welcome the panelists tonight to debate. The floor is all yours." I concluded my opening speech.

For the next 55 minutes. the heated debate continued. Just because I cannot take sides, I had to keep mum or else I would have slammed those brutally who questioned the national anthem.

" Enclosing today, I'd only like to say that should the members of these parties go to watch a movie in any other nation I'd like to see the national anthem plays whether these people dare to sit through it. I'd really like to know. Thank you for the debate. I cannot oppose you more. Thank you ladies and gentlemen on this one." I said the concluding words.

" God! It is 11. Again I'll be late and hear taunts from my lovely bua dadi.

" Vaibhav sir, before my dearest bua dadi bursts at home. I'll leave." I told him.

" Shreya, you cannot go. There is a meeting with the BBC Channel. They want to make this channel international. You have to be there for the video conference.

" Fine, but if I die today, you will be held responsible." I said dramatically.

He just rolled his eyes.

The meeting was over within an hour and we are have grabbed the deal.

" Shreya, there is a call for you from the management office." The offive boy said.

" What did I do?" I asked myself. Nothing wrong that I could have think of.

The point is, whenever one is summoned by the management on the top floor, either they are fired or given some extra good news. I was absolutely not expecting the good news.

" May I come in?" I asked, knocking the door.

" Come in.'" I heard. I entered.

" Seeing your good work, the management has decided to give you a promotion. You will be the acting sub-editor from tomorrow. Actually today." Abhishek sir said looking at his wrist watch.

" Thank you so much sir. I promise that I will live up to the management's expectations." I said.

" I am sure that you will. Now you may go." He said.

" Thank you sir." I said and left the cabin.

" I got a promotion." I told Vaibhav. 

We then cheered.

Hey folks! This is the next chapter. I hope that you like it. I love you all. Until next time. Bye.

PS- Do vote, share and comment. I appreciate it all.