Chapter- 38

Shreya POV

" I got a promotion." I told Vaibhav.

We then cheered.

It was 1:30 by the time I reached home. God! How am I gonna get in? Everyone must be fast asleep.

But my tension was relieved because the door was not locked. I got in and locked it.

All the lights were off. I was way too hungry so I went to the kitchen but saw no food.

" The food is in the microwave. Go wash your hands, till that time I will heat it." Roshni bhabhi said.

" Bhabhi, I am really sorry to keep you awake." I said apologetically.

" Shreya, you are my younger sister and it is my responsibility to take care of you." Bhabhi said. I went and hugged her. She chuckled.

" Bhabhi, you know what! I got a promotion." I told her happily.

" After today's debate, I am not sure if I am surprised by hearing this news." She said with pride.

" Thank you." I said.

" Seriously Shreya, you were perfect today. Everyone was awestruck seeing you, well except Bua dadi, you we know how she is." Bhabhi said.

I then had my dinner and we went to our respective rooms. The lights of the room were on and Kabir was working.

" Kabir, why are you awake till now?" I asked him.

" Was waiting for you and also had to check the important mails. What took you so long?" He asked.

" After the segment, We had a video conference with the BBC For the channel's international diversification. It took an hour, after that, I was summoned to the top floor where I got to know that I was promoted." I said excitedly.

" That's great! What is your designation now?" Kabir asked, shutting his laptop down.

" I'm the sub-editor now." I squeaked.

" This calls for a celebration Mrs Rathore." He said and attacked my lips. We kissed until we both were out of breath.

" Now change and come. You must be tired." He said.

I nodded yawning. Kabir chuckled.

I changed into my pyjama and T-shirt. Ahh! This is heaven.

I went to the bed and switched the lamps off. Kabir then took me in his arms and I slipped into deep slumber.

The next morning, I woke up at 8. Thank god. Kabir was nowhere to be seen.

"Must have gone downstairs." I said to myself.

I got ready in half an hour. 

Shreya's dress-