Chapter-15

Shreya POV

Next morning I woke up by my alarm ringing. It was 8 and Kabir was getting ready for office. One very good thing here was no one ever taunted me for getting up late. Even Roshni Bhabhi wakes up at around 8. Mom treats both of us as her own daughters.

"Good morning Mrs Rathore. Where are you lost?" Kabir asked.

"Goodmorning Kabir. I'm not lost anywhere." I said.

"So do you mind continuing what we about to do yesterday?" He asked.

I was confused but when I realised he was talking about the kiss, my eyes widened and he smirked at me.

"Don't give your little brain too much of a work. Nothing is going to happen." I said and went to the closet for taking out my clothes. He hugged me from back.

"Kabir what are you doing!! Aren't you getting late?" I asked.

"Shreya I promised you to give all the time you want but you cannot stop me from coming close to you or hugging you." He said and I just blushed.

"There is a good news for you. You don't have to go to Delhi. The work will be done in one week and I'll be back after that. You can join your office without any further delay." He added.

"Okay!" I said.

I got ready and then we went downstairs.

"So guys where are you going for your honeymoon?" Siddharth Bhaiya asked.

I started choking on my breakfast.

"Bhai, we haven't decided yet. Will do that after I come back from Delhi." Kabir said. They left after having breakfast.

I was getting bored so I decided to call Anika who was currently enjoying her honeymoon wih Vaibhav in Singapore.

"Hii Anika? How's Singapore treating you?" I asked as soon as she picked up my call.

"It was treating me very fine until this morning." She said sadly.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Vaibhav got a call about an emergency in the office and we have to return now. He is booking us flight." She said.

"Give him the phone. I want to speak to him." I told her. She obliged.

"Vaibhavi, what seems to be the issue? Don't come here so soon. I'll handle the mess." I said.

"Yaar, the foreign delegates who are interested to invest in our channel want a meeting tomorrow. They are not ready to listen. Will you be able to handle it?" He asked.

"Vaibhav, you are forgetting that I'm Shreya Kashyap. I can handle anything. Just tell me where are the files of this and the meeting will be  conducted tomorrow itself." I said.

"I absolutely do not doubt you Shreya but I'm not very sure about the Kashyap part." He said.

"Shut up Vaibhavi and enjoy your honeymoon. I'll leave for office right away. But remember, you owe me big this time." I said.

"Okay, bye!!" He said and we hung up.

"Mom, there is an emergency in the office. Can i please go. I'll try to return asap." I asked mom.

"Shreya, you don't have to ask. Just inform like Roshni does. I will never say no to you." Mom said and I hugged her tightly.

"Plus I would like to see my daughter on screen again with her heated debates." She added.

"Thank you so much maa." I said and got ready in my formals.

I reached office in 20 minutes and arranged a meeting with the admin staff. They gave me 3 files. I then went to my cabin and started studying them.

I was so engrossed that I missed my lunch. I was halfway through the 2nd file when I felt my phone vibrate. Without looking at the caller Id I picked up the call.

"Kashyap." I said.

" Are you sure?" The voice asked.

What is with everyone with my surname today?

"See I don't have time for all this? BTW who is this?" I asked.

"I'm hurt Mrs Rathore, you fail to recognise your own husband's voice. Haven't you save my number and why are you talking so formally?" He asked.

"Ohh! Kabir, I'm sorry I didn't see the caller id before receiving the call. I'm in my office. There was an emergency which needed to be catered to. I was so engrossed in the file that I didn't pay attention to your voice." I said.

"So you are in your office. When will you be done? I'll pick you up."  He said.

"Kabir I don't think that this will be a good idea. Its just 6 now and I have to study a whole damn file. After that I have primetime from 9 till 11. You go home. I'll come after I'm done. I have my car with me." I said.

"Okay Shreya, take care. Also this is gonna be the first time I'll be watching your complete news debate without flipping the channels so better not disappoint me." He said.

"Okay! Inform mom that I'll be late. Now let me do my work. Bye." I said.

"Bye." He replied and hunged up.

I ate some chocolates and by the time I finished reading the files it was already 8. I changed and waited in the pr. I was wearing my microphone and all.

For the next two hours I was in a very heated argument with the panelists. I mean how can these bastards support domestic violence. But being a journalist, I had to refrain myself from abusing them. I swear that this is the first time I'm drinking so much water. Its a habit of mine. Whenever I'm really angry I drink water to calm myself down. Finally the torture was over and I was winding things up to go home. I have a very important meeting tomorrow.

I reached home and rang the door bell. Roshni Bhabhi opened the door and Aditya came running to me.

"Chachi, aapne to us mucchad (moustache man) ki waat lagaa di." He said.

"Aditya from where did you learn this?" Bhabhi asked.

"From Papa. " He said shrugging his shoulders. Bhabhi glared at bhaiya.
I just chuckled.
Mom served me dinner and then we retired to bed.

"You were very furious on the show." Kabir commented.

"How did you know?" I asked raising my one eyebrow.

"You were drinking water a lot too much." He said and I sighed.

"Those people were testing my patience. I was getting annoyed plus I was hungry." I blurted out and he just chuckled.
I went to my side of the bed and laid down. After a few minutes, I was pulled into a tight hug.

"Kabir.... I.." I started but he hushed me. Then I let sleep embrace me.

Shreya's dress.

Hello people. Good news!! His Reporter Biwi is on # 23rd position in General Fiction. Thank you all of you for that. I hope you like this update too. Till then, Adios!!
PS- Do vote, comment and share!