Chapter 137-Sacrifice

As always, thank you to all who take the time to vote and comment! Hope it's been a good week so far.

"This level of comprehension. You're the Snow God!" Lineir exclaimed as the man who had saved the Grand Ancestor stood up and eyed his palm. Numerous blackened lines of ash crumbled off it as the burned skin shed. A line of blood appeared. 

"Divine Realm capable of burning through the true Qi of a Celestial Pinnacle Realm. Impressive, what are you doing in this region?" The Snow God glanced at the bewildered Grand Ancestor next to him. "As for you. Useless thing. It's time to serve your purpose." 

Puchi

Drops of blood exploded from the Grand Ancestor's chest as a flaming ball of blood shot out into the Snow God's clenched fist. The Grand Ancestor only had time to cry softly before falling.

"Wh-why?"

Lineir realizing that something was deeply wrong immediately began to retreat. As he did he said,

"Your wife! She and your children are still safe! Why didn't you save them yourself if you're still alive?"

The Snow God however sneered cruelly,

"Ah yes the wretch. Still alive though I sent my dogs to clean up loose ends. You know where she is, excellent. Now that I have shown myself it's time to finish this personally." He raised an icy hand as if to seize the world with its majesty.

Snow Prism

Swirling gusts of freezing snow comparable to the 2nd stage trial of the Ice Elemental Estate extended from all sides around Lineir whose expression had gone to a terrible state. This was not because of the danger, but because he realized that the Snow Empress and the Wei girls would not have a happy ending.

"****" He cursed as he whirled in a circle.

Madness Rain Domain!!

The heavy storm clouds above rained down and the acidic drops of Madness burned through the swirling snowflakes. Though there were many more snowflakes the rain was actually more powerful! However, Lineir knew that once the Snow God intervened personally things would only grow worse. He had already used his trump card and while it had been interrupted before true completion, it still consumed almost all of his Qi and had failed to do more than draw a line of blood on the Snow God's palm. 

"Pinnacle Celestial Realm! And I'm out of Qi. What do I do?" Lineir thought as the Snow God reached out with his fist again.

Snowfall Prison!

A terrifying deluge of snow exploded out of the sky like a fresh blizzard on the West Wind. The storm cloud which Lineir had conjured on the way here was pushed out of the way and dissipated as the Madness Rain rapidly was buffeted away by the snowflakes and frozen.

"Give it up. You cannot escape against me. If you tell me where my consort and my children are I will let you go. You have the Snow God's word." The tall man said as he flicked his robes aside revealing a gleaming chest plate of blue ice. However, Lineir immediately discarded the notion. He could see all too clearly the insidious killing intent hidden behind the man's perfectly calm face. His features were regal and he appeared just past the springtime of youth, a proud man in his 30s, ruler of his kingdom.

"Liar. I can see it in your eyes. You will kill me the instant you have what you want!" Lineir growled as he backpedaled. The Snow God chuckled,

"Hahaha, your eyes are quite good to see through the calm of my ice physique. It's true, I'm going to kill you right now either way. Still, you should surrender, it will be less painful that way." The Snow God laughed with a cruel disdain as he did not hold Lineir in his eyes at all.

Xiu Xiu Xiu!!!

"We'll see if that's really how Fate plays out!" Lineir said as he raised his sword once more. Hurling gusts of snow were now buffeting him all around. However, though he was blasted by them, he actually was not too worried.

"After surviving the cold winds of the 2nd trial on the monastery I seem to be more resilient to the cold. This wind hurts but it cannot smother my will!" Lineir was prepared to try to channel the spirit in the black blade once more even though he knew he didn't have enough Qi. However in that instant as his hands began to freeze over and blacken until they looked like the black blade itself, something unexpected happened.

"You were looking for me? And who the hell are you!" The Snow God's Empress Bing Wei appeared atop the broken roof of the Jin Clan's palace. She was staring at the Snow God with shock and revulsion in her eyes. Suddenly a huge array formation appeared over the city. It condensed on the Snow God and swirling ice runes formed into twisted strands and twined together into blue ropes tying him down! Bing Wei signaled to Lineir with her hands twisting runes furiously! Despite her ruined cultivation, she did not falter, not even hesitating when essence blood began to bleed from her fingers, she continued to weave runic strands!

"Go! Something's wrong, this is not my husband! I will activate the city's final defense and bind this false Snow God here! However, he's too powerful and the city is ancient, I don't know how long it will hold him! Find my daughters and take them far away from this place please!" The Empress said with a fierce look in her eyes.

"No! I can still stop him!" Lineir said but she shook her head.

"Whatever means you have, save them. This is a private affair, it is my responsibility!" She transmitted and the icy blue strands took on a rosy purple hue as her essence blood traveled into them and slammed down onto the Snow God!

"Arrrgh! Crazy*****! What the hell are you doing! Can't you see I'm your husband? Stop!" The majestic man bowed down to his knees as the ropes formed into a 9 by 9 woven net and the array powered up. A yin yang formation appeared across the entire city and Lineir clasped his fists and bowed before turning and fleeing along with the rest of the city!

"I will do as you ask!" He yelled as he ran for his life! However...as he passed the city gates with screaming commoners and martial artists alike, he heard something which chilled his skin. It was the Snow God's voice.

"Foolish wretch. You think you've chained me here. However really you've delivered everything I need to me! Ahahahahaha!"