Chapter 184-A Strange Turn

Happy 4th of July! Even though I'm bummed least got to have some burgers haha. What about yall?

SWISH!!

A fin broke the surface of the water as a 50 meter long shark surged towards Lineir. In the sky, only 5 of 9 revolving candles remained lit. He still had a third of the bridge to go and now the beasts were impossibly powerful. Sweat beaded on his brow as when he considered that the last 3 beasts would not be restricted by Realm either. If the beasts he was facing now were designed for warriors in the Divine Realm then what was waiting for him at the end?

"Am I going to die here...here....here" A scattered thought drifted across his mind as the massive shark soared out of the water and opened its maw wide. Hundreds of razor sharp teeth filled his sight and countless spatial tears were formed from the shark just opening its mouth. Each of the naturally created spatial tears was nearly powerful enough to slay an ordinary Divine Realm warrior and there were hundreds of them! Lineir's eyes gleamed with fury, the red haze seemingly targeting and pinpointing each and every single one in his gaze!

Weng Weng Weng Weng Weng Weng Weng Weng Weng Weng Weng Weng Weng Weng

Lineir's sword seemed to flow in slow motion. The black blade danced and his broken shattered bone scythes flowed along. Lineir got the impression that this would make a lot more sense if he had more than one sword but he no longer possessed Mizuchi! He executed a move from the manual which the Bladelord had left him-

Heavens Edge:Bladestorm!!

Klang Klang Klang Klang Klang Klang Klang Klang Klang Klang Klang Klang Klang Klang

The great shark's soulless eyes grew shocked as its killer move failed, however it still snapped its mouth shut intending to swallow the pesky human which was driving it insane! Lineir experienced the beat of battle flooding his veins as a dragon's rage surged out! The remnant dragon soul inside of him was infuriated and let out a primal roar!

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRR!

SHING!

Lineir's Phoenix Flame Wings expanded into Skeletal Dragon Wings and he suddenly flickered outside of the shark's mouth and began to practically teleport down the bridge. The shark completely surprised, closed its mouth on empty air and slid off the other side of the bridge back into the water.

"Four altars left, four candles. The last three are not bound by level and are probably absolute monsters, but can I even make it to them?" Lineir let go of his hesitation once he activated his Madness Eyes though. He might consider failure because the Madness Eyes forced him to consider all possibilities but he would act regardless even if failure was certain because the Madness Eyes allowed him to absolutely disregard the normal fears and hesitation which plagued ordinary warrior's minds. The drawback to this though was that he was gradually losing control of himself. Though he was analyzing the battle more and more, his thoughts in hyperspeed, all his planning was being circumvented because his body was moving without listening to him!

Suuuuuurge!!!

Water splashed everywhere as the fourth beast suddenly shot from a point in the distance. It was so fast that even in Madness Lineir felt it covered the considerable distance in an instant. This was a Flood Dragon Phantom! It rushed the bridge from his right! Lineir suddenly did something insanely strange. He continued to look and run forwards seemingly without considering the great danger to his side!

"He's gone mad!" Yu was cursing in his head, finally unable to control himself from speaking anymore. Lineir was completely focused however, a creature acting entirely on instinct at this point. When the Flood Dragon Phantom reared, just the visible portion which stretched over the bridge was over 150 meters long and majestic blue scales contained a majesty which even Lineir's Dragon Soul could not completely intimidate! It's great maw breached completely clear of the water and surged in a glorious arc looking to snap Lineir out of the air above the bridge. His eyes shone with an intense light as he watched the mouth engulf his vision through his peripherals. At the last moment he looked over and the world flashed red!