Chapter 143-The Snow God and His Empress

Whew. Been really hard to enjoy life lately, been working quite late. Hope the chapters aren't coming out too discombobulated, I'm experimenting and trying to gear up for the next arc but I feel kind of rusty.

Lineir caught his breath for a few breaths of time in the safety of the monastery. He meditated on what he had learned from using Asura Strike. 

"Truly terrifying. This technique is unlike all my others. It completely drains my Qi at my boundary with every use. Even if I had 10, no a hundred times the amount of Qi I would still have to use it all just to attack once. However, in return its destructive power is at a boundary I cannot touch with any other technique I currently possess! Surpassing levels is something the talented can do in any generation, but with this I can surpass Realms! Finally I possess the capital to fight back against the Heavens!" 

Lineir bowed to the Estate Spirit. The cute blue baby sighed mournfully,

"Well, while I am disappointed that the Tablet was destroyed, perhaps it was time. After all these years my sect has finally found an avenger! Perhaps this too is destiny..." Shaking his little head, a small porcelain blue spacial ring appeared in his hand. "Well, why not go big in this generation! Here, since I am gambling it all on you then take this ring! All the precious treasures of the Estate are here! I only regret that you would have to be beyond Celestial Pinnacle Realm to bind this Estate. I shall remain here until the day comes that you might return to tell the Ancestors their foe has finally been avenged!" With that the Estate Spirit sent Lineir off. 

"Thank you." Lineir bowed. "I swear that should I become powerful enough, I will seek out the sect's great enemy and force him to repent for his sins!" He said forcefully as he walked out of the monastery gates. When they had closed behind him, he took off down the mountain.

"The Snow God's expression before he left...I fear the fate of Bing Wei may not have been happy. Before I leave this region I should see what has become of her. After all, if not for the karma between her and I, I would never have learned the Asura Strike." Lineir's eyes narrowed. He sighed as he landed at the bottom of Snowfall Mountain. 

Whooooosh

He flew off into the distance with his Phoenix Flame Wings. Like  a burning meteor he easily flew over the spent and empty formations of the wall and into Snowfall Citadel. It was still empty. 

"Kiddo. The Wei girls are inside of that igloo. I believe the Snow God left them there for safekeeping." Mei said as Lineir landed. She had been keeping silent, always watching over Lineir, but not interfering with his battles so that he might grow. After all, this was the Higher Realms. It was time for Lineir to fight his own battles, for soon the people powerful enough to call themselves his savior would be few and far in-between. 

"I'll leave the girls alone. They are safer in the Snow God's formation than in my arms. I am much more curious as to the fate of the Snow God's Empress."

Tap Tap Tap

Lineir strode through the city briskly. He glanced at the corpses including the Jin Clan corpses and remembered the soul orb which he was carrying in one of his spatial rings. He had an idea of what to use it for but it wasn't time yet. However, it carried an immense of energy, having drained every Jin Clan member of their blood essence as well as all of the hungry ghost's former cultivation and soul. He walked into the palace and remembered the grueling battle he had fought with the Jin Clan Grand Ancestor. Had he not had the trump card of the first Five Walks of Madness then he would have had to flee for the Grand Ancestor had been truly a battle freak. He walked deeper, sensing a deep frigidness in the depths of the palace. Eventually he wandered upon the chambers of the Snow God and slowly came up to the open doors. Placing a hand on the cool stone, he knocked and stepped in.