Chapter 10- Stage 2: Hallucinating

Chapter 10

Jeremy

I open my eyes abruptly.

I hadn’t gotten any sleep. Like none at all.

But at least I didn’t have the urge to go tattletale on everything Shane does.

Thats a good thing, right?

“Oh yeah it is,” Said a female voice out of nowhere.

I knew that voice....

I sat up and turned to see a black haired girl sitting on the table. Her light tanned skin shined as she looked down at me, smiling.

Oh no.

I was hallucinating.

“Stephanie?” I barely got her name out. She smiled, still wearing the last outfit I saw her in, a nurses uniform.

“Did you miss me?” She asked, crossing her legs.

“You’re suppose to be-”

“Dead?” She finished.

She was dead. I saw her get turned by Dr. Storm.

I nodded.

“I am,” She said, jumping off the table. “You’re hallucinating, remember?” She said, her eyes sparkling.

“Great,” I said under my breath. She laughed.

“It’s good,” She said, moving about the room. “It means the drug is leaving your system.”

I watched her as her eyes roamed the room I was locked in.  

“What?” she said, turning around.

“You used me, Stephanie,” I said, crossing my arms.

She frowned. “I know-I had too, Jeremy you know that!”

I stood up. “But forcing me to kiss you? That’s low, Steph, and you know it.”

Her eyes fell to the ground. “I know. But Dr. Storm wanted to check if the drug was finally working. It takes weeks for it to work properly. I had no other choice,” She explained.

I didn’t respond. I knew all this already. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

*Flashback*

I was just putting on my jacket when I heard a knock on the door.

Stephanie, one of the nurses, came in.

She smiled sweetly to me.

“Hey,” She said, “I’m just checking in,” she said.

“I’m fine, just leaving,” I said, not really in a mood to talk to anyone. I just wanted to get to my dorm and see Ella.

She was the only reason I was doing this.

“I-um-”

“What is it, steph?” I asked, knowing that look on her face. She bit her lip.

“I really like you Jeremy,” she blurted out, moving closer to me. I froze, looking at her.

That was unexpected.

“Stephanie... I have a girlfriend,” I said, suddenly wanting to get the hell out of here.

“I know that,” she said, “But-but I’ve had a crush on you since the first day you came here,” she said, bringing her hands to my cheek. I laced my fingers with hers, pulling her hands away from my face.

“Stephanie... I love Ella. And only Ella. Nothing is going to change that,” I said, looking her straight in the eye.

“I’m so sorry for this,” She whispered, a tear escaping her eye as she stepped closer to me, our faces on inches away.

“Sorry for what?” I asked, totally confused.

“Kiss me, Jeremy,” Stephanie ordered, wrapping her hands around my neck.

Even know I wanted to push her away, I didn’t.

kiss her, my inner voice ordered, making me lean in closer.

I kissed her.

It wasn’t a long kiss, because I heard the door burst open.

I pulled away to come face to face with Ella.

*End of Flashback*

“He was going to kill me,” She whispered, moving closer to me.

“He. Still. Killed. You,” I said, staring at her.

“Yeah, well he tends to lie... A lot,” She said, crossing her arms.

“I know,” I said, glaring at the wall.

There wasn’t another person on earth I hated more than Dr. Storm.

“Wait-” Stephanie said, “You’re over here yelling at me when half of this is your fault.”

I laughed. “My fault?”

“Yea!” Stephanie said, in a ‘duh’ tone, “You shouldn’t have kept your meetings with Dr. Storm a secret-”

“He threaten to kill everyone I loved. And he wasn’t bluffing.”

She sighed. “Good point,” She said, sending me a smile. “But you still haven’t told her I- well the drug- made you kiss me, and Melody. Why?”

I looked at the ground. “Why? Ask the tall blonde, green eyed Shane outside,” I said, bitterly.

Stephanie laughed.

“You’re jealous!?!” She exclaimed, laughing.

I glared at her. “And?”

“Jeremy you are a true idiot,” she said, once she was done laughing, as she wiped the pretend tears off her face.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

“What?”

“Are you just going to give her up like that? You’re getting better, and you still love her. Fight for her, man,” She said, jumping back on the table.

I thought about for a minute. A long minute.

“And what if I lose?” I asked, turning my head to her.

But she was already gone.

“What if I lose?” I whispered to myself, laying back on the bed.

***********************************************************************************

*Unedited*

And now you know.... 

Vote, Comment, and Fan!

Love, 

Mysky