chapter fifteen

Emiliana's POV
I open my eyes slowly ignoring the headache that shoots through my head. I am just a stupid and pathetic girl.  Going drinking in the middle of the night.  I try to remember what happened after Piero forced me to go with him but nothing was forthcoming.  Instead, my head hurts more.

I reach for my bedside table where a glass of water usually rests but there was nothing there.  I stand up looking around the dimly lit room. The room is larger than mine and the curtains are draped over the windows. I put my legs on the comfy rug instead of my regular cold tiled floor.

I stand up and I am dressed in a baggy pajamas.

Where am I?

I walk to the window and pull the curtains away and the light brightens the room immediately.  I look around the room and I recognize whose room it is immediately when I see the board with my picture.

Mr Raphael!

Immediately,  I remember what happens and how he saved me.  Again,  panic rises in my chest.  Did he change my clothes himself.

I tiptoe outside the room but he isn't there.  I then walk outside quietly and slam the door behind me.  I walk downstairs and see Mr Raphael sipping a cup of coffee and reading a paper.  He is in a crisp black suit and black cufflink. His hair is in waves as he runs his hand through it.  I gulp nervously.  Why does he look abnormally handsome today.  When he glances at me,  he gives me a small smile and folds his newspaper on the table.

"come and have your breakfast " he says gesturing to the table of 20 which had food starting from his end of the table to the other end.

I obey and pull the chair opposite him and sit down.

"excuse me... My clothes" I start gesturing to my pyjamas.  "did you change it for me? " I ask scared of his answer.

"yes I did" he says nonchalantly and I let out a gasp and form and x with my hands over my chest.

"hey!!  You can't just touch me however you want to" I say raising my voice but he just gives me a cheeky smile feeling satisfied with himself.

"your underclothes weren't so bad,  anyways I tried hard not to oogle at you" he laughs at the end.

"you! " I start but stuff my face with some saury trying to ignore the fact that I am sitting with my boss who changed my clothes.

The food is so much that I don't know what to choose from. I serve myself some sausage and tough beef soup.  Tough beef soup is Jasmine's favorite.

"where are my clothes? " I ask taking a gulp of my smoothie .  I think it contains banana and milk.

"I threw it out,  how could you wear something you threw up on" he says disgust written on his face as he took a bite from his banana.

"I could have just washed it" I say remembering that the skirt was my favorite.

"here" he says bringing out a shopping bag.

"what is this? " I ask eyeing the bag.

"new clothes, take your bath and change into it quickly,  we have work " he says standing up.

"I'm just taking it because you threw my clothes out" I hiss grabbing the bag and making my way upstairs.

*****
Shortly after,  I finish taking my bath and change into my new clothes.  It was a black top with a white collar and a white pencil skirt and black flat shoes.

I will admit,  it did look nice.

When I got downstairs,  Mr Raphael's eyes lingered on me longer than usual. I smile awkwardly at him before we leave the house for the office.