chapter seventeen

Amazing cover by Pretty_and_immature

   Emiliana's POV
I sigh heavily tightening my hand around the heavy brown envelope I'm holding.

Why is big boss and his men taking so long to arrive?

After what happened earlier in the office, I feel like I have to clear my debts since I've worked with corrado industries for a while.

I feel dissapointed that Mr Raphael doesn't believe me.  I expected more from him.

"hey baby girl " I hear a familiar voice call and I turn around my eyes meeting with big boss's

"hello big boss" I say to him as his eye glints at the envelope I'm holding.

"why did you call us here? " Carlos,  I think.  A young, lanky man with a long scar running from his ear to his neck.

"here" I say stretching the envelope to big boss and ignoring Carlos.

"you are finally earning some cash" he laughs bringing out the money and eyeing it.

"not complete" he mutters passing the money to Carlos.

"I'll complete it" I say looking over at Carlos who pushes the money into his pocket.

"I don't know how you want to do it but i need my money" big boss says but he doesn't look angry.

"don't worry" I say and turn around to leave.

"how is Jasmine? " big boss asks and I tighten my fist by my sides and continue walking.

After what he did to her,  he still has the nerve to ask after her.

I hear their cackling laughter until I reach the door of my house. 

"emiliana" a familiar voice calls.

"Daniel" I say spinning around.

"come in" I say holding his hands and pulling him inside.

"you look a lot better now" he comments and I throw a friendly smile at him.

"that's because the only person that believes me is here" I jokingly say and start brewing coffee.

After making the coffee,  I serve Daniel a cup and start sipping  my own and sitting opposite him on a high stool.

After a moment,  I speak up "actually,  I received an anonymous note this morning, I thought it was a prank.  Also, after you dropped me.  Two men tried to kidnap me.  After that,  I cant remember anything and I woke up in my bed as if it had all been a dream" I say squinting my eyes to see if any thoughts crossed my mind.

"what!?  What did the letter say?  The fact that they tried to kidnap you means you were obviously framed" Daniel babbled and I struggled to keep up with his unending questions.

"you did well last night.  You obeyed all your masters order,  Just like a dog.  That's what the note said" I say watching Daniel as his jaw tightens.

"that bastard!" He curses running his hand through his hair

"don't worry,  I'll find that bastard" he says reaching out to hold my hand.

"acting like a big brother " I say laughing heartily and he smiles at me.

"also," I start bringing out a white envelope and lodging it towards him.  I wrote my resignation letter few hours ago.  I can't go back to work there.  No one wants me there.

Even Mr Raphael

"what is that?" Daniel asks eyeing the paper.

"I'm resigning" I say simply