Chapter 1: A Baby Fox

A wise owl named Big Mama slept in her oak tree before she woke up up startled by the barking noise.

She spotted a vixen with something in her mouth ran by the farm fence and placed something down it before nuzzled it tenderly.

As soon as the vixen herd a hound dog coming closer, she left the fence and toward the field.

Big Mama watched the vixen ran further in the field until a couple of loud gunshots was herd.

"BANG! BANG!"

Big Mama gasped in horror as saw a spot where the vixen was last seen and the birds reaction to the gunshots by flying away from the field.

Big Mama shook her head 'oh, no' sadly before she spotted something a in a tall grass by the fence where the vixen left it.

Big Mama flew toward the fence and land on a ground before she moved the grass and found a baby fox.

Scared, the box fox moved behind a leg of the fence away from Big Mama and he slowly poked his small head from the leg.

"You poor little fella", the wise owl said sadly. "Its alright. Big Mama".

Big Mama looked back at the field where the baby fox's mother died and knew the she had do something to help the baby fox.

"You know, you gonna need some caring for", she said to the baby fox who looked down sadly before he started to walk toward her slowly.

"Now, lets see darling. You need, um...", Big Mama started to think before she saw the baby fox nuzzled by her stomach and smiled up at her cutely.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no," Big Mama giggled while shook her wings gently to the baby.

"No, not me. Not Big Mama now," she said kindly to him. "Now, I'm thinking though."

As she started think, Big Mama heard a tapping noise.

The baby fox listened along with the owl and followed the noise before they spotted a red, black and grey woodpecker and a small yellow bird on an other tree.

"Mmmm-hmmm...Oh..Ah ha!", Big Mama said as she had an idea before she placed the baby fox back on a spot where she found him in a grass.

"Now, don't you move, honey", she ordered the baby gently. "Big is gonna be right back."

The baby fox stayed by the fence and watched Big Mama flying toward the tree where the woodpecker and the small bird were on.

The woodpecker named Boomer was tapping his beak on a tree to make a hole on it.

When he was done, he and the small bird named Dinky looked through the hole to see if there is a caterpillar that they've been trying to get for breakfast.

"Good work, Boomer! We'll get him this time", Dinky said and assured Boomer. "Shhhh. I think he in there."

As Dinky and Boomer looked further into the hole, Big Mama landed on the tree branch.

"Whew! Am I glad I found you boys", she said urgently to them. "There's no time to loose. I need your help. Now, come on! Come along!"

Big Mama started to fly back to the farm fence where the baby fox stayed.

Dinky was about to follow her but noticed that Boomer remained on a tree branch looking through the hole for the caterpillar.

"Let's go, Boomer. Come on!", Dinky called as he tugged Boomer's wing to follow.

"Yeah, b-b-b-but....Oh, s-s-shucks!", Boomer stammered in defeat before he flew away from the hole and followed Dinky and Big Mama.

As the birds left, a small green caterpillar with big eyes poked his out of the hole looked left, right, up and down and saw that he was safe.

"Whew!", he sighed in relief.

Here it is! My first chapter of my fan fiction version of Disney's The Fox and the Hound! We'll meet Widow Tweed and my character named Lily in a next chapter soon! =D