Chapter 7: Swimming

In all afternoon in a woods, Tod and Copper playing together while Lily watched them and doing her sketching of Tod and Copper playing.

Tod and Copper ran around Lily as she finished her sketching, hopped onto her and knocked her down.

"Whoa!", Lily yelped and laughed as they nuzzled and licked her fair face at the same time.

Lily sat up, held Tod and Copper in her arms and nuzzled their heads with her cheeks.

"Hey! Let's go swimming!", Tod said to Copper.

"Give me a head start and I can beat ya!", Copper said before he and Tod jump from Lily's arms and raced toward a river.

Lily jogged after them with her sketchbook until she saw Tod and Copper jumped from a log into a river.

They kicked water and splashed at each other as they laughed.

Big Mama watched Tod and Copper playing in a river with a smile and avoided getting wet when they made a big splash.

Lily sat on small rocks close to the river, kneeled down and watched them playing in the water smiling.

She saw that both Tod and Copper went beneath the water and their bubbles from beneath went toward her.

Lily bent over to the water and looked for them then without warning, Tod and Copper burst out sprayed water at her from their mouths and giggled as they began splashing her.

Lily squealed and laughed as she got splashed by the little ones, whipped her face and splashed them lightly.

Back at Copper's home, Amos and Chief discovered that Copper is not in his barrel.

"Dagnabit! That Copper pup's gone and strayed off again", Amos said to Chief and walked straight to the little woods.

"Come on, Chief", the hunter ordered his old dog who followed him. "If that little rascal's gonna make me a good hunting dog, he's gonna learn in mind".

As Tod, Copper and Lily continued splashing each other playfully, a whistle alarmed both Copper and Lily.

Lily gasped and followed the sound as Copper turned to the direction of it and saw his master and Chief over a hill looking for him.

"Copper! Get over here!", Amos called him and whistled.

But Tod kept splashing Copper who got distracting by playing again.

Lily, not wanting this to be discovered by Amos, signaled Copper to come out of the water.

"COPPER!", Amos yelled.

This yell made Copper and Lily flinch and the hound puppy started to get out of the water toward the girl who had her apron ready to dry him.

"Uh, oh. I've gotta go home", Copper said to Tod who kept swimming in the water.

"You have too?" Tod asked. "We're having too much fun".

As Lily was done drying Copper on her lab, he shook water off of his fur.

"I've gotta. He sounds awful mad", he said.

Lily placed him back on a ground and nudged gently to go back to his owner.

"Go on", Lily said softly to Copper who did as she told run back to Amos and Chief.

"We'll see you tomorrow!", Tod told Copper. "And don't forget!"

"I won't!", Copper called back to Tod as he continues running back.

But little did they know that it wasn't going to happen.

Hey! Sorry for such long delay on writing this!

I'm still writing this story and I would like to say Happy 38'th Anniversary for The Fox and the Hound for those who love the movie as me!

I'll update the next chapter soon and hope you all have a great Summer so far =)

The Fox and the Hound is owned by Disney.

Lily is my character.