The Library

//A:N// the mask mentioned is a canon one and not of my creation, if it was it would be shaped and colored differently but a i thought it interesting to use the actual thing. You may continue on with the story now.

Light humming was heard from inside of the village library as one Naruto Uzumaki sat cross legged on the ground before a shelf of books, calmly flipping through a book centralized around the bijuu. This world was a strange one, and he needed to know as much about it as possible. When the Naruto if this world had perished, the beast that had been sealed within had gone as well. Oh, it would be back within a few months at the least and years at the most, but it was gone for the moment.
He was curious as to how it was possible for his mother to not be bound to a single dimension and be so exponentially different from so many other worlds he had watched, yet be viewed as the same. He too was immune to the bounds of a single dimension, though dimensional travel was still not something he was completely used to yet, but he wanted to know what made him so different in comparison to the Naruto of here.
He wasn't really reading the book he had layer out before him, it was a decoy. No, what he was paying his attention on was the ever present heartbeat of his onlookers. His tongue flickered out between his lips, the soft and wet organ tasting for emotions held within the air to tell what his onlookers thought of him: would they be hostile towards him co,e confrontation? Mostly, he tasted numbness, an odd flavor, but he also tasted a dedication. It was not towards him-it didn't taste like it was aimed towards him-but to a cause of some sorts or a leader to which they would give their lives to defend.
Perhaps their loyalty lied solely with the village and its protection? In which case, they would not likely hesitate if there came a need to remove him from life's ever present grasp, tossing him into the abyss of death if need be. He thought over what his next move might be, when could he make his next move? The third test came in a few more days, and tensions were clear here. He could kill him now, but that wouldn't be fun. Perhaps he wouldn't kill him, there were worse fates than death after all, but that left the question: what would he do.
He almost wondered if he should check in depth for the hokage's involvement or if he was much kinder than he had been in his own dimension.
'Why should I care? It's not like I owe him anything...' Naruto hissed to his own mind. The small nubs of whiskers that had been growing since his leaving, which were unnoticeable unless one looked carefully, alerted him of movement. He did not move, he gave no motion that he had noticed or was even aware of the other person, instead he focused on the movement.
The whiskers were like small spots, three per side of his face and parallel with the whisker marks that had begun to fade slightly due to the damage he had routinely given them. They ran along with his jaw line, near the area where the angled, almost feminine slope of his jaw began. They stuck out like small black pimples, yet in an angle that was impossible to see unless mere feet away. The growths were unlike normal whiskers in the way that they were not hairs, being more relatable to the spots where the hairs of a whisker would grow. Packed with never endings, the spots could detect movement with ease, telling him precisely what he desired to know concerning the silent figure that now stood directly behind him.
Now was no longer the time for careful consideration, now was the time for action.

-

The nin swung something, cylinder like in shape and pointed at one end, aiming for Narutos' neck. Naruto ducked quickly, pushing himself off of the ground and sending himself to the side of the ninja before him. The ops force nin had not been expecting this, not planned ahead. Had the Naruto of this world been captured by this method before? Naruto kicked the wall he had sent himself towards mid air to launch himself towards the nin. His move had been anticipated, however, and his extended foot had been grabbed before being twisted, spraining and dislocating the ankle. Ignoring the pain, Naruto key himself swirl, using the momentum gained within those few moments to deliver a spinning inwards side kick to the side of the ninja's head. The ninja followed the momentum they had been given, slamming loudly into another shelf and causing a small multitude of books to fall to the ground.
The other two ninjas stared wide eyed through their thin slitted masks, yet the surprise and fear he sensed was as blatant as the day was bright. He wasn't so violent with them, not physically. His expression went from serious to malicious within moments moments before they began to twitch and spasm, collapsing out of time with each other and bleeding through their ears. Naruto's contracted, glowing pupils watched in wrapped attention as they began to foam at the mouth, the bubbled saliva coming from the eyeholes of the mask due to them not having any other exit available. He felt something spike within him, like his chakra used to do when he was first at the academy, his hair spiking out for the moments the spike had been in, and his grin becoming wider as a small instinct took over for a few mere moments. The spasms stopped, and the two ninjas were dead. He could no longer feel their heartbeats pervade the air, coming to an instant halt when they had been so violently thumping moments ago, like a recording of drums with the volume on max turning off within an instance's notice.
He stared at them as his own heart thumped heavily within his chest, adrenaline coursing through his veins, before slowly realizing his actions. Fear spiked just as whatever the earlier thing had prior as he mentally freaked out, not knowing what to do with the remains. Plus, he and the ninjas had made a ruckus during the small fight from earlier, it was only a matter of time before someone would come to check on the disturbance.
His growths caused a slight twinge sensation to run along his spine as he realized that hurried footsteps were approaching him. He spun back towards the corpses and unconscious body, brow furrowed as he thought over a possible corse of action.