World stop....

Jay POV

The last thing I expected was for This building to be packed the way it was . Little kids in an assortment of different colored shirts were running around and laughing, enjoying the simple stations that were set up with games for them .

They had one for face painting, a reading corner with all kinds of books and an adult go read to them, a board game section, dodge ball on one end of the gym and two lines of kids on the other end waiting to see if they could make the basketball go into the goal.

On the wall were signs pointing to where the restrooms were, class 101 was for finger painting, and if they went to room 102 they could watch movies.

They ain't have none of this shit when I was a kid

We played on two broken Goals and snacks from the government

"Thank you Mr. Jayz for coming on such short notice. We're so happy to have you, I mean you should've heard the screams when I told the kids who was performing today. We have a lot of new members to day so please bare with us as we get them situated" a short blonde that reminded me of a Disney princess greeted me.

"My name is Jasmine by the way and I'm a huge fan

"My name is Jasmine by the way and I'm a huge fan. I tried to get your song played at our spring formal last year but my school said no Gangsta rap was allowed at a private school. I love 99 problems and Izzo" she smiled sticking out her hand for me to shake.

"Cool" I smiled not sure how I was supposed to react to her gangsta rap comment. "So where do I set up?" I asked looking around the crowded gym.

"Follow me. There's a small stage we used to do our plays for the parents at the end of the summer and for other guest" jasmine told me as she used the key around her neck to open a door for staff that lead to the back of the stage.

I thanked her and motioned for my crew to set their equipment up and start doing sound checks while the curtains were still done.

I went over the lyrics to "Hardknock life" in my head making sure I made the needed changes to keep from saying the wrong thing in front of a bunch of five year olds .

I felt like this song was fitting especially since it came from the classic movie "Annie" , something I figured they would be familiar with as soon as the band started to play .