Right My Wrongs

Beyoncé hazel eyes locked with her child's identical ones, tracing over every square inch of skin that was visible over the hospital gown and leggings she was wearing

The raised reddened bumps and welts that were identical with her past reaction to nuts, her graham cracker tinted skin resembled that of oatmeal in what looked like that most painful rags around her swollen lips and puffy eyes.

Yet her baby was smiling and hanging onto her fathers shoulders as if she had always belonged there.

"Is that him?" The officer asked reminding me of his presence.

The scene in my head seemed to only include the three of us , but when I looked around my mother and the officers that had walked in with me along with a nurse I assumed was over the care of my daughter were all waiting on my word.

They looked so eager to make the arrest that I felt sick

His hand was already on his cuffs , the big shiny chains itching to entrap another black man and carry him away .

They probably thought they'd get bonus points for arresting Jayz , the hottest artist right now , someone that proudly showed loved for Marcy projects, wore baggy jeans, a Durag, and chains that showed his wealth .

I could vaguely make out the words that were falling from my mothers lips but I noticed that Shawn had set Blue back down in her hospital bed when he noticed that I wasn't In a hurry to pick her up just yet.

The tension In the room was thick enough to cut with a butter knife

When I saw Blue still clinging to Shawn's much larger hand I made up my mind.

"You can go now" I said turning to the officers who had spent the majority of the morning helping me find my daughter.

"Don't listen to her" Tina jumped in.

"She's clearly distraught right now and not able to think Clearly. This man kidnapped my granddaughter and could have killed her had she not gotten here in time. I was the one that dropped her off this morning and walked her to the door before he went inside and took her away from us to lord knows where-"

"Ma stop it" I said cutting her off.

Didn't we just have a conversation about her letting me make my own decisions as an adult and as a mother ?

I was distraught when I was in my office, laying on the floor wishing I had died giving birth.

Right now I was both angry and relieved , but far from distraught.

"No you stop it" Tina argued.

She wasn't about to let her daughter's feelings for the boy she once loved overpower what happened in the last four years and the emotional damage that she was a first row witness too .