²⁷ real life.

╔══════════════════╗
24 CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR,
BRO.  fuuuuuuck.
REAL LIFE.
╚══════════════════╝

REAL LIFE!
ROME'S
HEADQUARTERS.

ROME was just lounging around at home, blanket draped lazily over his right thigh, and his arms indulging in surplus bags of chips. To be totally honest, he's really only trying to play incognito because he's a bit nervous about Jaden coming for tour. Not that he's not happy to see him, and get to know him better as another reason Syre is coming is to hang out with him but Rome just feels– nervous.

Rome's not really great at liking people, and that's why he was able to get used to icing the kid out because it made it easier to pretend not to care. Yet now, they're friends and they're gonna hang out and Jaden's gonna see that Rome is actually the smol of their friendship and—

There's a knock on the door.

Rome kind of spazzes, his eyes widening and his heart going into panic mode. He literally throws all of the chips in the kitchen, and throws the blanket on top of the couch. The long haired male stands up, panicking all over again at the fact that he's not wearing a shirt. Or really pants for that matter.

Yet the knocking continues, and Rome can't stop swearing. He looks everywhere around his living room for a shirt at least but apparently comes up empty handed.

Rome swallows his anxiousness and walks to the door. He slowly unlocks it, and then swings it wide opened. Maybe a little too wide.

There's a clearing of the throat, and a, "package for Parker." Rome takes a mental sigh of relief. He lopsidedly smiles, signing off for the package and retreats back inside. Before the door can fully close though, Rome freezes at a very familiar voice.

"Nice I love New York boxers. They suit you,"

Rome languidly turns back around, and yep, in front of him is the brightly colored smaller male that he's been thinking about for the past two weeks. Jaden fucking Smith. His middle name is Syre though but same difference.

Jaden smiles at him, this oh-so pretty fucking smile that literally could grab Rome's heart and shatter it to dust, not even pieces. Jaden holds one luggage in one hand and a knapsack on his back. No tour bus, no big jet or anything. Just a driving off taxi cab.

Jaden drags his luggage to the porch, and plops it down. For the first time in the three minutes Rome's been standing there he says, "you're here." Jaden chuckles, "unless I'm a hologram like the Michael Jackson one, which could be pretty wavy."

Rome laughs a little because of course Jaden's jokes are scientific and adorable and fuuuuck. Jaden jumps over the steps, and lands on Rome's porch. "How'd you get my address?"

"Christian." Of course. Jaden sticks out his hand, and Rome daps it. The two give each other a small hug that Rome still slightly coos over because of the height difference. For that one second it lasted, Rome can still kind of feel Jaden's eyelashes on his chest.

Rome opens the door, mentally cursing himself out for not cleaning up. Jaden steps inside, while Rome goes to get the luggage. "Where's your crew?"

Jaden looks around at the very messy yet cozy place. Jaden hums, "they're at the hotel. I thought for my first day I'd stay here,"

Fuck. Rome thinks. Jaden can sense the reason of Rome's silence, and follows up with, "if that's cool with you?" Rome sets the luggage near the door, and closes it. There's a tint of a smile on his face, "for sure." Jaden grins.

Jaden peels his jacket off, "so what were you doing before I got here?" Thinking about how unprepared I'd be if you came. And I am, now that you're here: very unprepared.

"Uh. ." Rome hesitates, "just lounging, y'know, chilling," Jaden nods. "Where can I put my jacket?"

Rome extends his hand, "Here, I'll take it." Jaden holds it by the collar, giving it to Rome. "Ima go put on some clothes, so give me like ten minutes."

Jaden laughs, but it sounds more like a giggle, and Rome's really not okay with having to be flustered all the time. "Aight, I wasn't complaining though."

Especially if Jaden says stuff like that.