11

Kyle stood there watching the childish bicker between his mother and I take place. I started to feel bad for him because he doesn't know whose side to take and although I'm making a valid point, his mother had always been there for him and that shows clearly.

"I forgive you," I say at his mom while she rants on and on about where he picked me up from and how I don't have decency or class.

She looks at me flabbergasted and raises her eyebrows. "I did not ask for your forgiveness," she says sternly. 

"But I'm giving it to you anyway," I smile brightly. "Kyle dear, I think we should get going now," I say sweetly, giving her an eye.

By the look on his face I can see that he's well frustrated and unhappy about everything and I feel the pang of guilt in my stomach. He went out of his way to get along with my mother and I couldn't even return the small favor.  

When we're outside I cup his chin with my face and notice that he is worn out and emotional about something. "Kyle?" I ask, my voice cracking at the end at the sight of tears in his eyes. It's difficult to look at someone you adore and see them struggle from within.

"I'm sorry," he whispers as he holds me tightly in his embrace, almost crushing me. "I'm so sorry, please forgive me."

"There's nothing to forgive you for," I say when he pulls back and I look up at his eyes. So much anguish and sadness.

"This is why I don't like bringing anyone home," he drops his head and I rub his back as I stare at the back of his head, trying to understand where his mother is coming from. "She always has these invisible and invincible standards which she assesses everyone by. Then she's such a bitch to them when they don't meet her requirements. And I'm sorry, I'm deeply sorry," he cups my cheeks and stares me dead in the eyes. I stare helplessly as I await his next words. Is he really going to stay far from me because his mother doesn't approve?

"You're sorry for?"

"Giving you such an experience. I really do hope you stay with me despite all these problems and heartaches-"

"And accusations and judgments," I add with a giggle as I nod my head yes.

"I could kiss you right now but I want to save it for later," he rests his forehead against mine and all I heard was 'I could kiss you'. My heart and stomach decided to take a dive. "Let's go?"

-

"You can choose a song," he says as he turns on the engine of his grey metallic Porsche GT3. The car has that new smell which I'm fond of. The interior is black and dark grey with some parts of it red like the seat-belt buckle and the pedals.

 The interior is black and dark grey with some parts of it red like the seat-belt buckle and the pedals

I boot the touch screen and a display of Radio and Bluetooth and other stuff appear. I tap on Radio and the music blasts throughout the car, making me wince. I whisper a quick apology as I turn down the volume and he just shakes his head teasingly.