28

Carlos' Pov

We hear gun shots go off as we approach the building and before I can safely park, the girl opens the door and quickly takes off. For someone who has refused to say a thing the entire way here, she sure is a fast runner.

I get out and yell at her to stop. She looks back at me for a split second before turning back to continue climbing up the ladder which shakes with every step she takes. I set my foot onto the ladder and wonder if it will fall with both our weights combined.

"We need to stop Karina from murdering him."

"Who's Karina?" I ask as I hold onto and climb as carefully as I can.

"Tess. Tess is Karina. Jesus, you're slow!"

We hear another gunshot and increase our speed. I try not to look up because her butt is right on top of my head. But, her ass looks great in those jeans.

"I can feel your eyes on my butt," she huffs angrily.

"What? I wasn't- I mean, I'm no longer- Okay, I'll stop. Just keep going."

We finally step into solid grounds and she gasps, pushing me to the side behind a wall with her. We watch as Kyle and Tess have a stand off and he tries to reach for her gun but she beats him to it. He tackles her and they roll onto the floor, fighting for it. Oh damn, what has this son of a bitch gotten himself into?

Kyle's POV

We roll on the floor, wrestling for the gun. Soon enough, I get the upper hand and yank it out of her hand, emptying the bullets before tossing the empty object aside. I grab her arm tightly and stare into her blue eyes. The same ones I fell hardly for at first sight. Her focus goes to my arm that's still bleeding but I don't follow her gaze there.

"I'm done playing these silly games with you."

"Fuck you, Kyle," she says slowly, and before I know if a knife is logged in between my ribs. I curse, clutching the area where the knife is still in and it stings. I look down at my hand covering the cut. All I see is red and soon the image of my hand multiplies. My eyes go dizzy and I'm struggling to keep them open.

"Karina, stop it!" someone yells, before two people walk towards us. I only see an outline of a lady, who kneels in front of me while a guy stands above her. And then my vision goes dark.

Tess' POV
I stare at all three of them standing in front of me and reach for my spare gun on the table. I click the safety off and Vivica immediately comes forward, knowing full well I wouldn't shoot her. And she's taking advantage of that.

"What the fuck are you doing, Vi?" I spit out.

"Saving you. I know it's hard and you want to kill him, but come on, spending years in prison? Is that what you want?"

I feel my heart break when I understand what she's saying. My blood rushes to my head and I bite my tongue to numb the pain I feel all over.

"Are you choosing him over me?"

"I'm choosing you over him, and that's why I want to save you."

Bullshit. Lies. They just want to get rid of you. Who wants you around anyway?

"Have it your way, Vi," I say softly, raising the gun in one hand.

"Is this what you want? To have blood on your hands?" She asks and I look at Carlos trying to stop the blood from oozing out even more. I almost smile at the sight.

"You're right Vi, it's not what I want. It's what I need," I say, and she puts her hand in front of the gun.

"You're gonna have to kill me first before you hurt these guys," she says confidently. Oh, so she thinks I won't get rid of any obstacle standing in my way?

Carlos tries everything in his power to stop Kyle from bleeding out while he speaks onto the phone. I don't hear much but I catch onto 'emergency' and 'gun shot'. I guess not everything went according to plan. Then, Carlos picks Kyle up and calls for Vi to help him.

"You're such a bitch! You're a monster! You're not my sister! I hate you!" Vi screams at me, turning around with tears in her eyes and attempting to help Kyle down the ladder with Carlos.

I go down the ladder and see them going towards a red car. I lift my gun up and shoot the tires and windows, making Vi scream and turn to face me, a murderous look on her face which I ignore and continue to do the same thing to Kyle's car.

"You're such a coward, Vi."

"I'm the coward? That's rich coming from a girl who cannot leave her past behind and instead dwells in it," she boldly states.

"You know how badly I need this," I say, pointing at Kyle who's slipping in and out of consciousness. "I need to watch him die, and maybe only then will I move out from my past."

"You're miserable. I really pity you," Carlos speaks to me for the first time since they've arrived. laying his friend down on the backseat. I'm about to say something back to him when Vi springs at me, trying to grab the gun out of my hand.

"Let go!" We both yell before the trigger goes off. She stares at me with a void look in her eyes and slowly backs away from me, her hand going to her belly and a plush of red immediately growing on her white vest. I don't say anything as I watch her knees give out and she falls down, her hair creating a curtain around her face.