31

Carlos' POV

I don't know what to think or how to feel about anything going on right now. My best friend would have been a dad. Imagine how great that would have been. I smile at the thought of a little Kyle running around annoying everybody just like his dad.

I sure do hope he and Tess make up. That girl is strong for holding it together after all these years and after all she's been through. A relationship may be out of the question for them, but at least there can be no bad blood. Let's just hope.

I pull the sofa closer to the bed and and stare at her. She is also lost in her thoughts so I decide to let her be. She's really attractive, that I'll admit. Her hair is brown with golden strands and her eyes although puffy are very calm.

"Earth to Carlos," she smiles sweetly, her hand being waved in front of my face. "What's on your mind?"

"You," I say too quickly, smiling mischievously to cover up my mistake. She blushed and tries to remove her other hand from my grasp but I hold it tighter.

"What about me?"

"Let's play a game?" I ask, wanting to cheer her up. She nods. "I ask give questions and you have to answer and then you ask and I answer."

"Are there any limits?"

"No, but your questions may only start with double-u's," I say and she narrows her eyes before nodding.

"Who's Jayden?" I couldn't help but feel irritated when her phone wouldn't rest because this person kept calling and texting.

"She's an ex-girlfriend," she says, looking right into my eyes.

"When did you guys break up?"

"Two days ago." She decides not to go on.

"Why do you date females?" I ask, hoping that I convey more than one question within that single one. I don't want to make it seem like I'm judging, I just want to know if she dates men as well.

"Oh, I do both men and women," she says coyly, rolling her eyes melodramatically.

"What's your type in men?"

She stares at me for a while longer before trying to hide her smile. "Let's see, I like men with brown hair and smooth skin, sexy eyes, a great jawline and a delicious looking neck," she says, her fingers trailing on my nape. For the longest time I got lost in her eyes as she kept talking softly.

"Also, I tend to be attracted to men that ask stupid questions while climbing up a rusty ladder and rush me into the hospital room when he thinks the paramedics are taking their time."

I can't help but chuckle at the memories. I look down when my vision becomes glossy and I try to blink the tears away, hoping that she doesn't see how scared I was to lose her even before I know her or got her.

"Also," she chuckles and chokes back on a tear, making me raise my head to look at her. What could cause her tears this time? "My type of men are the ones that give me their last name without my consent just to avoid delays in medical attention. And the ones that look like they just walked out of a Men's Health magazine even though they've been through such an ordeal. They're real cute," she finishes off with a wide smile, making me wonder if it hurts to smile so.

"I'm sorry," I say softly, caressing her cheek and wiping her tears away with my thumb. She's so...unreal. She's the kind of illusion I'm willing to buy into.

My gaze lands on her lips and she bites them self-consciously. My last question comes easily. "When may I kiss you?"

"Now, please," she whispers seductively, wrapping her arm around my neck and pulling me slightly closer to her. Her eyes close first and I close mine when our lips touch and it's like shivers go from her body to mine through the slightest contact.

Our lips move in sync as I stand up and turn her to body face mine, pulling her by her legs to the edge of the bed without breaking the kiss and standing between her legs. The hospital gown rode up her thighs, allowing me to grip her skin and causing a moan from her.

I take advantage of that and slip my tongue in, instantly meeting with hers and pulling her even closer to me as I kiss the daylights out of her. I feel blood rush to my lower part when her fingers gently tug on my hair, not too soft nor too hard but just enough to make my boner uncomfortable.

When we pull apart and rest our foreheads against each other, her cheeks redden and her hands tremble in mine. She's too adorable for her own good. The nurse walks in just on time with a tray and when she takes in the scene before her, she just smiles and sets the tray down before walking out and closing the door behind her.

"You hungry?" I rhetorically ask as I take her bowl and hand it to her.

"But I'm not hungry," she whines.

"We'll continue what we started as soon as you finish your food," I say which obviously worked because she started eating as fast as she could.