chapter ¹

❝ To you courageous Aries, I give youthe gift of power

To you courageous Aries, I give you
the gift of power. Use it wisely

TODAY WAS THE DAY—the day that I had been anxiously waiting for since I was a little girl

TODAY WAS THE DAY—the day that I had been anxiously waiting for since I was a little girl. It was the day that would determine my future and the day that would change my life forever.

No pressure.

I woke up ten minutes earlier than usual, so instead of rushing, I leisurely did my morning routine and actually had time to eat breakfast.

"You're up early, I didn't even have to drag you out of bed today." Dad said as he flipped five omelettes over the stove. He served me a plate and I shoved the whole omelette in my mouth.

"Well, today's the day," After I stuffed myself, I walked to the fridge to pack my lunch in my bag, "By the way, do you remember what yours was like?"

"Of course I do," Dad said and I straightened my back, patiently waiting for him to actually tell me. He shook his head, "Nice try, but you're not getting anything out of me."

"It was worth a shot." I had asked my parents hundreds of times about their match date but each time I asked, they never spilled.

I hitched my backpack onto my shoulder and waved goodbye, "I'll see you before dinner."

"Have a good day!"

I shut the front door and got on my bike to embark on the thirty minute ride to get to school.

My first three classes were incredibly torturous to sit through. Instead of listening like I always did, I zoned out and doodled in my notebook. My mind was restless and conceived all possible scenarios of how the next several hours would go.

After staring at the clock for all of history class, the bell rang and I headed to lunch.

I found Sky, Kingston, and Noah at our usual table in the middle of the cafeteria. I threw my backpack on the floor and jumped into the conversation.