Chapter 9-Co-Captain

Laken had her arms crossed over her chest as she starred out the window of the car she was in. Derek was in the passenger seat and Peter was driving the car. The sting from the scratches on her leg and thigh made her shift ever so often and that caused her to let out a string of whimpers.

They pulled up to the school and got out the car. Derek wrapped his arm around her waist as she slowly walked due to the pain coming from her leg and thigh. She knew she had to clean them soon and she also knew she'd have to either cover her neck with foundation or wear a scarf because of the bruise already forming on her throat.

"Danny?" Scott called out in the darkened locker room.

Laken frowned as Derek let go of the lacrosse ball in his hand, letting it roll into Scott's view and then back to the couple. Scott crept around the opening to the lockers and jumped when he saw Derek with a lacrosse ball in his hand and frowned at the state his best friend was in.

Scott walked towards the two, his arms in the air, "Thank god. Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?"

Derek didn't speak, only nodded his head in the direction of where Peter was walking out, a lacrosse stick in his hands.

"I really don't get lacrosse." Peter spoke.

"It was you." Scott whispered loud enough for everyone to hear it.

"When I was in High School, we played basket ball. There's a real sport." He looked at the lacrosse stick then back at Scott, "Still, I ready somewhere that lacrosse comes from Native American tribes. They played to resolve conflict. Did I have that right? I have a little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott." He leaned the lacrosse stick up against the wall and bit back a smirk. "I was going for little Laken earlier but Derek wouldn't let that happen and I also bet you can smell the almost dried blood. So, I need your help to do it."

"I'm not helping you kill people."

"Well I don't wanna kill all of them. Just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include." Peter looked at Derek to finish.

"Allison."

"You're on his side? And your dragging Laken into this?" Scott questioned. "Did you forget the part where he killed your sister? And tried to attack Jackson at the DVD store?"

"It was a mistake."

"What?" Scott's voice squeaked as he asked the question and Laken looked down at her feet.

"It happens."

"Scott." Peter called, "I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We really just wanna help you reach your full potential."

"By killing my friends and Laken?"

"Sometimes the people closest to you can be the ones holding you back the most."

"If they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut job like you." Scott said, "I'm okay with that."

"Maybe you could try and see things from my perspective." Peter said before he stuck his claws into the back of Scott's neck.