Chapter 25-Master Plan

Isaac had his arms wrapped around Laken, who was hiding her face in his chest. She was no longer crying, but tears kept rolling down her face. Now, she just stood emotionless and her hatred for the Argent's grew.

An argent had been the reason her best friend, her only reason to live, was dead.

Jackson wasn't coming back because of an Argent.

"You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac asked, hand rubbing small circles in Laken's back.

"Yeah, we are." Scott said, tossing him a shoe which he caught before it could hit the girl wrapped in his arms.

"So how come you get a shirt, but I get a shoe?" Isaac asked.

"We need to talk." Derek's voice made Laken turn her head, eyes red from crying. "What the hell did you do to her?"

"All of us." Peter walked around the corner, Isaac tightening his grip on Laken when he felt her tense up.

"Holy shit." Scott cursed, "What the hell is this?"

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station." Derek said, eyes going between Scott and his girlfriend.

"Okay, hold on. He-He threatened to kill my mom and I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?" Scott asked.

"I'll go with Scott on this one." Peter said, "Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous."

"Shut up." Derek and Scott said in sync.

"Who's he?" Isaac mumbled into Laken's ear, hoping for a response.

"That's Derek's uncle." She said, moving from his grip and wiping her tears away. "A little while back he tried to kill us all, then we set him on fire and Derek slashed his throat."

"Hi." Peter gave a wave to the beta.

"That's good to know."

"How is he alive?" Scott asked.

"The short version is he knows how to stop Jackson." Derek said, "Maybe how to save him."

Laken let out another sob, making Isaac give him a glare and pulled the girl back into his chest.

"Well that's very helpful except, Jackson's dead." Isaac said.

"What?"

"Yeah, Jackson's dead." Scott said, worry once again filling his eyes.

"I need to lay down." Laken mumbled, "I'm going home."

"I'll dri-,"

"No." Laken held her hands up, "I wanna take a nice hot bath, and look through countless pictures of Jackson and I and grieve the normal way, without anything that has to do with the supernatural.

XXX

Pictures were scattered around Laken's room as she cried looking at each and everyone of them.