three

SUGGESTED TRACK
heartbeat - christopher

JEONGGUK GLANCES around his room mid-pout. yes, he is a twenty-one year old that is throwing a fit that his crush is not with him at the current moment. get over it.

that's when he sees a familiar silver rectangle object laying on the floor: taehyung's phone. his eyebrows raise as he weighs his options. he could just wait to give it to him, or he could use this as a perfect excuse to see him again tonight.

jeongguk smirks, shooting his friend a text: hey i have ur phone loser

a ding alerts him in his room.

oh.

nvm u can't see this but i'm coming to ur place to give u ur phone so you can laugh at me later for this

he pockets both his and taehyung's phone, slips on his hoodie, and grabs his keys to drive across town to where the wealthier people live. taehyung used to mock jeongguk saying that he could totally see him living there with five dogs, a few kids, a ferrari, and a cute girl to marry.

if only he knew.

after nearly ten minutes of driving in silent, dark streets that are still getting attacked by rain drops, he arrives at jihun's house. he refuses to call it taehyung's place to anyone other than taehyung. nah, he doesn't belong there.

he parks the car in the driveway noticing that there's no other cars in the lot. jihun must be out.

thank you universe. i owe you one.

he doesn't bother knocking since he has a spare key, so he places it in the lock and opens the door quietly. the thing he sees stops him dead in his tracks:

there's glass bottles on the floor. some still in good condition despite their empty state, the majority in pieces scattered around a chilled taehyung. he hopes he's misunderstanding what's in front of him. he genuinely hopes, for jihun's and especially taehyung's sake, that the asshole did not lay a finger on the angel of a boy that is kim taehyung.

he walks slowly further into the room until he's kneeling in front of his friend. it seems like taehyung has still not sensed that he's no longer alone, and if he has then he's not acknowledging it.

"what happened?" jeongguk whispers softly. his eyebrows are furrowed. he can honestly say he's never been more worried in his life.

he wraps his arms around his friend. he's cold to the touch, and from this close he can see the goosebumps on his arms. taehyung lays his head on the side of jeongguk's, sniffling, and muttering something he can't hear.

he leans in even closer to taehyung until he can finally make out his words: "i- i have to c- clean. i have to c- clean."

his eyes make one wrap around the room they're in. it looks like a tornado was here, and just in this room. he doesn't even want to know how every other room is.

taehyung gets himself out of jeongguk's tight grip and reaches for a sharp piece of broken glass. jeongguk immediately grabs hold of his hands, delicate as ever, and holds them in his own protectively. "hey, don't do that. you'll hurt yourself."

the blonde fights his grip. "i- i have to. he'll come home any time and i- it has to be done."

jeongguk scoots to where he's sitting behind taehyung, pushing his friend to lean against his chest so he can feel his breathing patterns. "do you feel me breathing?"