five

SUGGESTED TRACK
flaming hot cheetos - clairo

IT HAS BEEN A week since jeongguk has last seen taehyung. he is going out of his mind. he doesn't know if he's okay, or if he's eating, or what other things the dickhead did to him within the week.

he tried texting him, but the only response he got from the blonde was: i'm okay gukkie stop worrying

so he just let him be.

however, he did not stop worrying.

he taps his phone as he looks at the last message he received from him. his eyes read the words over and over.

he's okay, dumbass. he said it himself.

but that was two days ago.

he's fine.

he could be anything. it's been two days—

his phone starts to ring, stealing him from his internal battle, and he immediately answers. it's not taehyung but it is a distraction. a bright, almost childlike voice speaks over the phone. "hey dumbass."

jeongguk sighs, "what is it?"

"i'm bored."

"you act like i'm your boyfriend or something. go talk to yoongi or something?"

he can hear jimin spluttering over the other line. he has to roll his eyes at his dramatics. he has to. "he is not my boyfriend!"

jeongguk doesn't respond.

"he's not." he already knows he's pouting.

he stays silent.

"well," jimin finally says. "at least yoongi has fucked me! unlike your little crush on tae tae! you're too scared to make a move. you big baby—"

jeongguk stands up. (yet he has shit to say about jimin's dramatic tendencies.) "i do not have a crush on taehyung!"

jimin doesn't respond this time.

he huffs, "and i'm not scared. he has a boyfriend. i can't say anything."

"i know, jeongguk. i have an idea. it's kind of why i called."

jeongguk hums.

"we could play truth or dare."

"i'm not playing this with you right now." he pauses. "actually i'm not playing that with you ever."

jimin sighs. "i'm not saying right now. i'm implying that this would be tonight. hoseok hyung will bring some drinks, and i'm going to invite tae. he needs to leave that house and he has mentioned that someone has been avoiding him."

"jihun?" jeongguk innocently asks.

jimin clicks his tongue. "guess again."

"you?"

"you, dumbass."

"i have not! i talked to him a couple days ago! i thought he wanted some space?"

"why would he want space from the only person who he seems to feel safe with? he doesn't even feel safe with his boyfriend. there's so many things wrong with that. he just doesn't see it."

jeongguk makes a small sound of agreement. "i know."

"so are we doing this?"