nineteen

TODAY IS A lazy day for the two boys. their classes were cancelled due to an incoming blizzard, and the younger had dedicated his morning preparing for when taehyung woke up at noon. it is typically even more common for taehyung to wake up in the afternoon, but jeongguk had put an end to that; he always missed the boy too much during his day.

jeongguk heard the timer go off for his hot chocolate, and grabbed taehyung's favorite pastel pink mug with baby boy printed on it. he had gotten it for the blonde's birthday a few years ago as a joke when they were strictly friends, but now it has a whole new meaning to it.

the boy silently makes his way to the bedroom and creeks the door open; the first thing that greets him is the natural, creamy peach scent of the sleeping boy and the snow falling gently to the ground outside. it is nothing close to unpleasant walking into this room where the love of his life is sleeping soundly on his bed, snow making the room bright enough to see the moles on taehyung's calm face, and seeing his tanned legs hug jeongguk's pillow tightly due to his absence.

these times that are saved just for his eyes, he cherishes them the most. especially considering how he doesn't know if it will always be like this. he has recently been having actual nightmares where the boy decides to leave him eventually, and go back to jihun.

he doesn't think he could survive that.

jeongguk shuts the door quietly and sets the mug down by taehyung's bedside table, "baby," the blonde stirs. jeongguk sits next to the boy on the side of the bed, "honey, wake up."

taehyung opens his eyes, blinking rapidly to adjust to the white room, and whines when he realizes that he is no longer asleep. he turns and buries his head in the pillow, hoping the younger will either go away or join him so he can go back to sleep.

"hey," jeongguk suddenly says. "i made you hot chocolate. my homemade kind, not the one out of the box because i know you hate that."

taehyung flutters his eyes open again to look at the mug on the table, making grabby hands for it. the younger chuckles at the boy's cute action and gestures for him to sit up. the blonde huffs but lazily sits up, glaring at jeongguk sleepily.

jeongguk shakes his head fondly as he gives the mug to the boy, "it's still hot so be careful."

the blonde nods, taking a careful sip and humming at how delicious it is. his eyes turn to look at the clock and when he realizes that it's nearly noon meaning he missed his 9:30 class, he hurriedly puts the mug back on the table–surprisingly not making a mess with it–and runs for the bathroom. "shit! why didn't you wake me sooner?"

the younger follows the boy inside the bathroom and watches as he splashes water in his face and brushes his teeth quickly. he pouts at the messy bedhead he has going on, but shrugs as he seemingly doesn't have enough time to fix it. jeongguk just smiles as he rubs lotion onto his skin to smell fresh and look as soft as he always does, continuing that cute glare towards jeongguk as he finds the whole thing amusing.

"my english professor is mean," taehyung mumbles as he waddles over to the closet. "she already doesn't like me because i'm bad at english and apparently i ask a lot of dumb questions. i can't be late! she will flunk me. i already think she's plotting a way to get rid of me."

the blonde shuffles through his now generous amount of clothing options; although, he has made it a habit to keep his whole 'let's wear jeongguk's clothes instead of the ones he bought you' thing, so it is not completely surprising when he settles on an old brown sweater for his shirt choice. despite it being from when jeongguk was sixteen, it is still too big on taehyung making the shoulder of the sweater fall to expose his skin. he paired it with his own jeans since no matter how hard he tries, he cannot fit into jeongguk's.