twenty four

TAEHYUNG HAS been pacing the living room ever since he saw his boyfriend through the window. his heart is racing in his throat as jeongguk tries calming him with loving reassurances, but none of it's helping. seeing jihun again made him realize many things: one, he feels guilty for cheating on him. when jihun first accused him of doing that, it was not even close to being true, but now it is. in every possible way—emotionally and physically.

two, he realizes he was never happy with jihun. he had expected (more like hoped) that when he saw his boyfriend again after being apart for so long that he would be even mildly relieved. taehyung had hoped that he'd want to wrap himself around jihun and never let go, but all it made him want to do is cry and make jeongguk hold him.

seeing jihun again made taehyung want jeongguk more.

he stops pacing, looking over at the boy in name who is giving him this pleading gaze that never fails to make him feel warm, and makes a beeline to plop right on the boy's lap. taehyung burrows his emotional stricken face into the crook of jeongguk's neck and lets the raven rub the little part of his back that's bare due to the crop top.

"why did he come here?" taehyung mumbles into jeongguk's skin. "is he going to hurt me?"

jeongguk holds him tighter, "i'd die before i'd let that happen."

the blonde chokes on some tears as he pulls away to look into jeongguk's calming eyes, putting his hands on either side of the raven's face and pouts. "is he going to hurt you?"

jeongguk turns his head to kiss the boy's wrist, shaking his head. "he is scrawny. i'd take him in a fight any day."

"wh- why can't i just be with you?" taehyung sobs as he buries his face into jeongguk's neck again. "i would be happy an- and everything would be e- easier."

jeongguk hushes the boy lovingly. he shares the sentiment, but he can wait. "maybe we can think of a secret plan to take him out?"

taehyung giggles wetly but the laughter dies down faster than it began. he fists his hand in jeongguk's damp shirt—wet from taehyung's tears—and sniffles, "i want to end things with him."

"you do?" jeongguk asks, hopefully. he didn't know what he expected when it came to taehyung's relationship stance with jihun, but he had hoped and dreamt for several nights that he would choose to end things.

taehyung nods, "he doesn't make me happy."

"i know."

"but you do," the blonde adds. "you make me really happy."

jeongguk smiles in taehyung's curls, "you make me happy too, baby," and then he squeezes the boy while he adds: "i can't wait to date the fucking shit out of you."

taehyung preens at the comment and burrows closer to the boy. yeah, he thinks. i can't wait.

another filler lmao?