Chapter 16

Warning: this chapter will include MAJOR spoiler for the Infinity War.

"I am so sorry Laura, but Tom already asked me." Maya apologised. It had been only a week since they started dating. Normally Maya would almost hang out with me everyday, but now she seemed to be spending more time with Tom than me. And I might be a little jealous.

"But we always watch Marvel movies together!" I cried, "I even bought the tickets, since they sell out very fast."

"Oh Laura I am really sorry, maybe you can ask Asher." Maya suggested, wiggling her eyebrows.

I gave her a incredulous look, "Asher? Why on earth will I ask him?"

"Aren't you guys friends." She gave me a suggesting smile. I groaned, I regretted telling Maya about the 21 questions, but I didn't tell her the reason why Asher transferred.

"Urgh but."

Maya cut me off, " Come on, you really should go and social with other people, make new friends!"

"Didn't you just said he is my friend." I grumbled.

"Yes, now don't be a smartass with me! Just asked him."

"Fine whatever, maybe I will just watch with my parents or something." I said sullenly.

"I still think you said ask Asher." She muttered under her breath. I pretended I did not hear it.

It's Friday, the day of the presentation, and also the day the Marvel movie comes out and the movie tickets that I bought.

The presentation was flawless, everyone loved the video and Mr Sean loved the PowerPoint. Asher was not so surprisingly a good presenter. He was always outgoing and had a lot of friends so it was not surprise that he was a natural at presenting. I myself was not that bad since I rehearsed a lot of times.

"Awesome teamwork!" Asher brought his hand up for a high five. I gave him one and said jokingly, "Yes, I am so glad that I no longer need to work with you."

"Aww come on you enjoy working with me." He nudged me.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

We walked back to our seats and watched our classmates present.

"We should definitely celebrate!" Asher said suddenly.

The movie tickets, should I ask him?

"Hey you had been quiet for a really long time, did you even hear what I said?" He waved a hand in front of my face.

It's now or never.

"Yes I can hear you. Maybe we can watch the new Marvel movie tonight?" I asked casually, but inside my heart was pounding so hard and loud and my hand started to sweat.

"Is this a date? Is the Laura Clark asking me out." He smirked at me.

"No, fine I guess I will just ask my parents to watch with me since Maya is watching with Tom. That's the only reason why I asked you. And you told me we are friends!" I explained quickly.

"Fine, I guess I will go out with you, on a date." He emphasised the last word.

"Fine I will just go with my parents." And I looked away and gave my attention to the students that were presenting.

"I mean I will hang out with you tonight." He changed.

I continued to ignore him.

"Hey."