2.

It was a bumpy first couple weeks, but after eight months, I finally got the hang of everything. My unit was situated behind the house and garage, the former separated by the latter.

I had worked out a rhythm on what job to do in each room for every day I worked. It wasn't as much as I first thought due to most of the furniture had dust protectors on them. It was more of a vacuum and mop every third day, a dust here and there and a wipe down of all the walls and benches.

Mr Black hasn't been back since my interview and I was starting to like the solidarity.

Then one day, my phone tinged. I didn't need it, only for when Mr Black contacts me.

Which happened to be today. I feel the anxiety rise as I unlocked my phone.

I'll be in on Wednesday.

That's all it said. I frowned. That's tomorrow. Okay. I can do this.

I've become familiar with the place. I know my way around now. The only room that wasn't draped in protectors was the kitchen.

I made a mental note to do the study and Mr Blacks bedroom after I went to the shops.

I had been saving hard core, only spending what I needed to spend. That was however after I purchased a new car and tablet. The money I saved in the first couple months helped big time and now I had somewhere to live, a job and a car, I was feeling good about myself again.

Plus my job paid really good, even after my tax deduction.

I planned up a menu for the week and listed the items I will need before heading to the shops. I had never used Mr Blacks credit card before and I was so nervous when I swiped it through the EFTPOS machine. I was waiting for a hiccup, but the cashier smiled at me as she handed me the receipt. I thanked her, slightly shocked as I made my way back to my shiny dark grey car. I was so proud of myself, purchasing a brand spanking new car. I giggled in delight for weeks over it.

But the novelty was slowly wearing off as I pulled in to the security section. I had learnt the man's name, David, As he opened the gate for me. I nodded and smiled in thanks and drove up to the garage. I hardly went through the front door as I picked up the bags and walked the path that separated the garage from the house to the back door.

I dumped the bags on the bench and went back to the car to get the rest and packed them away into the appropriate places. I went to the electronic board and fixed up my times, stating shopping. My personal shopping was done on my time. I sighed as I went to the study. Time to take the dust protectors off. I carefully did it, trying not to stir up any more dust than necessary. I wiped down the books and shelves, vacuumed the couches and rugs then moped the dark hardwood floor. But before I did any of it, I cleaned out the chimney. I have to admit, the chimney was hard, I had to google it. I've never done that before.

My unit had a fireplace as well, but I've never used it. I purchased a heater instead. The weather was cold down here. I didn't know how to manage a fireplace.

Then to do the same in Mr Blacks room, including fresh linen. His room was also furnished with dark furniture, just like his study. I had finally finished for the day and sighed in relief. I dusted my hands as I emptied the dryer.

Oh stuff it, I thought to myself. Just fold it now, put it away tomorrow.

After cooking myself dinner, well more like heating up a frozen dinner, I relaxed on the couch with the heater on me while I read a book I recently purchased on my tablet.

It had taken my body six weeks to me working, my muscles ached for a while, but I pushed on. My account was looking healthy again, having thousands of dollars saved up.

I slowly got up and stretched my back before turning the heater off putting my tablet on charge. I went for a nice hot shower before setting my alarms and climbing in to my nice warm bed.

I woke to my phone ringing. Groaning, I opened my eyes. Oh gosh, it's still dark out. I looked at where my phone was and saw the screen. It was nearly midnight and Mr Black is calling.

Oh crap! I jumped and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked sleepily.

"Miss Kelly, I'm sorry to interrupt your sleep. Just reminding you I'll be in tomorrow."

"Yes sir. Your bedroom is finished and the study. I'll be ready by 6am."

"Very well." Was all he said before hanging up. I groaned at my phone before laying back down to my sleep.

Sleep was hard to come across now that I knew Wednesday was upon me. I highly believed I was doing a marvelous job at house keeping Mr Black's mansion.

But a lot of things had happened since I started working here. I had a car, I have slowly only purchased wants when needed, like another blanket, a heater, fry pan, plus food. I did say to Mr Black I have no social life, but after a couple weeks when I was doing my food shopping, I had met Percy.

Percy was nice and made me laugh, his light blonde hair short enough to make someone believe he was a brunette. His dark green eyes were kind and after exchanging numbers, we would meet up every Saturday.

I would never bring him back to the mansion, that is one of Mr Blacks rules. But we have met up for several meals and coffees. I was starting to like Percy. He worked as a plasterer. A tradie, a hard yakka worker.

I dragged myself out of bed at 530am and quickly dressed in some tights and a hoodie, then some thick socks and my joggers. they were so much more comfortable then my canvas shoes.

I didn't know what time Mr Black would be in, but cooking breakfast wont hurt.

I looked at myself in the mirror as I brushed my hair. My long dark blonde hair back to its original colour. I am still slightly embarrassed that when I came in for the interview for this job, my hair was a faded purple and my clothes were shabby, including my good clothes.

Now, I stood tall at myself. My clothes looked respectable since I wasn't exactly assigned a uniform. I knew today I was handling bleach. I pulled my hair in to a low ponytail, slightly to the side as I quickly decided to have a yoghurt for breakfast. I slipped my phone into a pocket and grabbed my keys and closed my door.

I haven't felt the need to lock my door, since the whole area is gated and under security. I felt safe, which is more than what I felt 8 months ago.

I went through the back door and past the folded linen I had left on the table as I opened the fridge and figured out what to cook, if I need to cook.

Then my phone pinged. I unlocked it and opened the message. Mr Black must have read my mind. He will be here in 20 minutes. So, I nodded, "Breakfast it is."

I pulled out a bowl and put some music on lowly as I cracked some eggs in to the bowl. I finely chopped up some tomato and ham and threw in a handful of grated cheese and whisked it all together.

I lit the gas oven top and placed a pan on top, throwing in a pork sausage before getting some bread to make toast.

I hummed away with the music as I cooked, it took a few minutes to get use to where I was moving in the kitchen, but I got the hang of it. 

I made an omelet with the egg mixture, buttered the toast and placed it all on to the plate.

My thoughts were distracted as a rough voice cut through my music.

"Who are you?"

Their second encounter.

Chapter 2 everyone.

I'll be trying to stay within the 1100-1500 words for each chapter. Let me know what you think.

Please no negatives. If you do happen to see any mistakes, comment on it. I may have proof read each chapter before posting, but it still won't stop me skipping a couple mistakes.

Don't forget to vote and comment.