28.

It's Monday. One more day until Tuesday. One more day till I see Cody. I couldn't wait. I am counting the hours down.

I knocked on the study door to collect Oliver's dirty plate from lunch.

He didn't even look at me. He just kept staring at his laptop screen.

I went to pick the plate up but I decided to bold.

I sat down on the chair, facing Mr Black.

I watched as his eyes went from the laptop to me. "Yes?"

"Sorry to step out of line, but what time is Cody coming back?"

"When I go get him." He replied in a dark manner.

I winced at his tone.

"How's your knee?"

It still hurt a bit, but I'll manage. I can walk, that's all that matters. "It's fine." It was a little lie.

Oliver went back to his screen, his frown deepened. "Is there anything else?"

I noticed he was refraining from saying my name all together.

"About last night," I started slowly.

"I thought we already discussed whose fault it was. Apparently it was mine, remember?" I saw the little pout on his lips.

Why won't he look up at me?

"Actually, after that. Oh and before." I sighed. "I want to thank you."

"Very well."

Grr. He was infuriatingly.

"Is that all?"

"No." I stated. "I want to know what I've done wrong."

"You haven't done anything wrong."

That didn't feel reassuring. "Please tell me something that doesn't involve you saying that I haven't done anything wrong."

"Very well. You can go back to work." Oliver gritted through his teeth.

Fine! I stood up and left the study, forgetting the dirty plate. Stuff it. I'll get it later.

I huffed off in to the kitchen to change the laundry over.

How come it's so difficult to have a simple conversation with him? I've never had a drama with any of my previous bosses before with professional and friendly relationships.

I've never had any dramas with answering questions, asking them questions or even starting conversations. But Oliver, Oliver was a different kind of boss, a whole new breed of boss for my experience.

He was hard to talk to when he was in a horrible mood. He was closed and moody. But when he was in a happy mood, he was a complete different person. He was open and carefree. He didn't have a black aura that made one feel uncomfortable. Especially when Cody is around.

I shook my head at the thoughts as I continued working. Why do I care? I shouldn't. I have personally invested myself too much in to this job.

I turned the kettle on, looking at the time. Nearly 2pm. My coffee addict boss will want a coffee soon.

I dug around the fridge and freeze, finding something to inspire dinner. But what? I groaned as I leaned my head against the pantry door. I could take some mince out, defrost it in the microwave. But what should I make with it?

"You look comfortable."

I straightened up at Mr Blacks voice. "I'm trying to find something for dinner."