4.

I had the invitations done and sent, all the rooms were ready. The catering service was hired and will be in very soon.

I had purchased myself a white long sleeved blouse with a dark grey low breasted vest and black slacks and a new black pair of Oxford style shoes.

I quickly slipped them on, trying not to shiver from the cold as I quickly rolled my hair into a puffy large bun that sat on the back of my neck.

I picked up my keys and phone and rushed out of my unit to the back door, draping my new trench coat over me.

The weather outside was frightfully chilly and it was only noon. The party will start in four hours.

It wasn't long before the caterers arrived and started doing their thing, as I instructed what went where and what needed to be done.

This was my very first event ever, I didn't need a screw up anywhere. Being a nervous wreck didn't help.

My small heels on my feet ricochet on the polished floor boards as I moved from dining room to the main entertainment room.

The heaters were humming as they heated the house up and I opened the small separate privacy room up. It was attached to the entertainment room as I liked to call a ballroom. The open windows overlooked the garden as the garden held as a privacy wall from people looking in.

The tables were set up, I had hired a bar attendant for the bar and purchased thousands of dollars of alcohol. The DJ will be in soon.

Mr Black never told me what sort of party it was, all he said was its not an elegant event. A full on party. So party it is. I had also hired an event planner for help who left before I dressed for the night. The room had helium balloons with battery operated candles inside as they floated around. Most were on the roofs of each floor, underneath the next floor balconies, but some had escaped to the main glass roof. It might take days for the helium to disappear out of the balloons before I could get a hold of them. Each coffee table, high end table and any other flat surface held battery operated candles.

I had an electrician in plus an expert in audio and together they hooked up the surround sound system for the music.

As far as I know, everything was ready. I went back to the kitchen and shrugged off my jacket, placing it over the dryer.

The kitchen was full of people and I had put away all small appliances as the set up of plate warmers were on the benches and people had already started cooking.

I had strictly told them finger foods. I unlocked my tablet and went through my list of things. I had found an app that would help me in these situations.

One final check over before Mr Black came home. I went through the ball room again, the bar attendant and DJ will be arriving in the next two hours, I made my way to the second storey and looked at each table, every one was set up, all the tables had gold star confetti on them. I checked in on Mr Blacks bedroom and everything was finished. The next room on the other side of the grand stairs was his personal room, holding another small bar and a tiny living room set up. I locked the door, that one was off limits.

The guest bedrooms were made and presentable. I walked to the next set of stairs to the other three guest rooms. I finished them off yesterday, each one had been cleaned and fresh linen applied.

The decorations up here were minimal, but I still had this floor done because I saw the guest list, I did the invites, there were over a eighty people invited and at least fifty were  coming. The extra floor room was needed.

I went back down to the first floor, cursing there wasn't an elevator. I just went through the dining rooms double doors when the front door opened.