Chapter 6

Olivia's POV:

"No Liv! He started moving backwards which confused me at first. Then he shouted that Doritos are better, for the entire school to hear!! Do you know how embarrassing that is!!" Her face couldn't get any more redder.

Yeah. I didn't see that coming either.

"No, not really." I burst out laughing.

"Hey!! You're supposed to help me here, not laugh at my miseries!" She pouts.

"Alright, alright then." I try to calm down but burst out laughing again.

"Liv!!! Help me out here and stop laughing like a goat!"

"Are you calling my laugh ugly?"

"I ain't calling it beautiful."

"Touche, my friend. Alright I'll help you, what do you have in mind?"

"Something that will make him never mess with me again." a wicked grin was stretched across her face.

"Remind me to never get on your bad side." I chuckle.

We discuss her plan and she drops me home.

As soon as I reach home, I see my parents already ready.

"Are you guys going somewhere?" I ask.

"Yes Liv, your father and I are going to a business party and we were wondering if you wanted to come with us." My mom says.

I think about it for a while. Netflix or party?

Hmm.

"There'll be many kids your age there. You could meet new people." my mom suggests.

I decide on going since I like meeting new people.

And also because who knows what the future holds.

You only live once.

I decide to wear a halter black dress with some black flats because heels are foot crushing monsters.

⏩⏩Time skip⏩⏩

Mom and dad were talking about business with another person and I decide to roam around a bit since it was pretty boring if you ask me.

"Hey!" I heard someone say when I was looking at the cupcakes.

I guess I'll talk with you later my dear cupcakes.

I turn around to look at the person. He has blue eyes and a sharp jawline. He has brown hair which has been gelled into place.

"Hey, I'm Olivia." I introduce myself since you know that's what normal people do.

"I'm Jake, nice to meet you Olivia."

"So you're here with your parents too?"

"Yes, they dragged me with them over here so I could find a nice friend."

"You don't have friends?"

"I do, my parents just think that they're bad influence." he shrugs.

"Ohh, I see."

"So Cupcake, tell me about you."

"Well I'm here with my parents too, I didn't have any plans today so I decided to come here in Hope of making a friend or two."

"Well you're in luck because I'm in need of a friend Cupcake." he smirks.

He seems nice, I guess.

We chat for the whole time we're there because let me tell you business meetings are pretty boring in my opinion.

I get to know that he has an older sister named Kayla who's currently studying fashion designing in New York. He thinks adventure should be one's number one priority. He goes to the school next to mine. His parents want him to inherit the family business but he just wants to live his life.

We chat more for a bit and then we exchange numbers and say our goodbyes.

The car ride home was silent. My parents are still not over what the doctor said.

We reach home and I go straight up to room. I change into comfy clothes and it's Netflix time!

I'm currently rewatching 13 reasons why. I can't wait for season 3 to come!

Suddenly my phone beeps, it's Jake.

Jake: goodnight Cupcake

I don't know why but that made me feel somewhat special I guess.

A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading, voting and commenting!

I hope you like this chapter.

What do you guys think about Jake?