Chapter 42

"Liv, is everything okay?" Will asks from beside me

I didn't even know that he was still here. Everything okay? Does he know that I have cancer? I don't think he does. Then what is he talking about? Oh shit. The kiss?

We haven't talked since the kiss.

"Liv?" He asks, taking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"You weren't here yesterday. I texted you but you didn't reply. Is everything okay?" He asks, looking anywhere but at me.

He texted me?

"Uh yeah, everything's fine. I just wasn't feeling well. I didn't check my phone either." I try to assure.

Not a complete lie in my defense.

"Oh. Okay."

"Yeah."

^~^

"You what?!" Lexi shrieks when I tell her about the kiss.

"Shh, lower your voice."

"You kissed freaking William Anderson two whole days ago and you didn't tell me??" She asks, crossing her arms.

"Well I'm telling you now. Gotta be quiet so we don't get detention."

"So are you guys like together now?"

"Nope." I reply, going back to my work.

"What? Why?" She asks disappointed.

"We haven't talked about the kiss yet." I shrug.

"Oh my God, you idiots." She says, face palming.

I shrug once again.

"You know what, since tommorow is Ryder's birthday, you both can confess you undying love for each other then!" She says, clapping her hands together.

"Miss Blake, is my lecture entertaining you?" The teacher asks, looking at Lexi.

"Nothing you do ever could." She mutters under her breath.

"What was that?"

"No, it doesn't." She replies, looking anywhere but at the teacher.

"Good." The teacher says going back to lecturing.

"God I don't like this teacher." Lexi groans.

"Tell me about it." I agree, nodding my head.

^~^

"Happy birthday Ry!" I say, giving him a hug.

We're currently at William's house for Ryder's surprise party. Everyone wishes Ryder as he arrives and joins the party. Soon the place is packed with people.

Will and I still haven't talked about the kiss yet. Neither has my doctor called about the results.

"Liv!" Lexi says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"You have to talk to Will," Lexi says, searching for him.

"Yeah, I do,"

Why hasn't the doctor called me yet? Is everything okay?

I decide to head to the balcony since the music is too much for my poor ears.

I lean on the railing and look at the surroundings. A chilly whind brushes through my hair, giving me goosebumps. The leaves fall making a sweeping sound.

Unintentionally my hand goes to my phone and calls my doctor.

Well not unintentionally but it's been bugging and clouding my mind ever since.

"Hello?" He says from the other side of the phone.

"Hey doc, I was just wondering what happened with the results. You said you'd inform me soon," I ask, biting my nail in anticipation.

I'm sure nothing will be wrong, maybe he just had too many patients? Right?

"Yeah about that, we're still not entirely sure if the therapy is working for you. I might need you to come tommorow as well to run some more tests."

"Oh okay. I'll be there. Goodnight." I say, ending the call.

Deep breaths Liv. Deep breaths.

You're gonna be okay. They just aren't sure yet.

But what if I'm not? What even I don't have much time left?

What's gonna happen to my parents? Lexi? Ryder?

What's going to happen to Will when I'm gone?

I should really tell Ryder and Will or I'm going to regret it a lot.

But how do I tell them?

I can't just blurt to them like, 'Hey it's Liv, the girl who's been lying to you all this time about her disease.'

Ugh.

This is so frustrating.

Suddenly I hear the door opening from behind.

Will comes and stands next to me, leaning on the railing.

"Something's bothering you."

"Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"I hope you're not stressed about the kiss," Will begins but I cut him off.

"No, it's not,"

"I hope you didn't regret it." He says turning towards me.

"Of course not, I loved every second of it." Words just come out through my mouth.

"That's good. Because that was the best kiss I've ever had." Will says in his deep voice, raising his hand to caress my cheek.

I smile and turn towards him. His eyes have turned even darker if that's possible and they flicker back and forth between my eyes and lips.

This time I take control and press my lips to his. He places one of his hands on my cheek and the other on my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck and play with the hair at the base of his neck. All my worries disappear for that moment but one thought still remains.

I need to tell him before it's too late.

A/N: So that was the chapter, what did y'all think?

I apologise for being really inactive but school's been taking a lot of my time and energy. But I hope this chapter makes up for it :)

What's your favorite TV/Netflix show? Mine is Riverdale ❤ and Friends because I just can't pick between the two.

Peace!

~Sky