Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Tabitha

Everything was so confusing. How could both Devon and Ramone be my mates? Yet, they were. I knew it was true just by looking at them. That heat and connection and fire was right there – present and pleading to be explored.

The night had started of simple enough, wine and dinner with Katy before Devon picked me up. He'd kissed me goodnight and tucked me into his bed, before I woken up to Ramone at my side. For a second I'd been confused – not because I thought he was Devon, but because of what my body was telling me.

The twins were identical, to the point that they had matching birthmarks on their left wrists. Yet, to me they looked completely different. Not physically, of course. It was obvious they were twins but they felt different to me – their presence were completely different. They may have been identical but, to me, they were worlds apart.

Watching Devon storming from the room, after finding out that I was not only his mate but also Ramones, was hard. I wanted to go after him and comfort him, but Ramone held me back. I knew he was right, there was a feeling in the air that I couldn't explain – one that told me that Devon wanted to be alone.

"It's still early, you should get some more sleep" Ramone commented, pushing a strand of my hair backwards. I smiled softly as he tucked it behind my ear.

"I'm not sure I'd actually sleep. Too much to think about" I shrugged.

Ramone nodded, "I'll make us some cocoa. My grandmother's cocoa could send anyone back to sleep". He offered me a smile, one that sky rocketed my heart rate, before he stood up from the bed. I watched him as he walked from the room – his muscled yet tall lean body was beautiful but strong.

When Ramone returned, carrying two steaming mugs, he handed one to me with a soft smile. "Here" he said, handing him me one. I hummed in happiness, and fatigue, as I leant against the headboard and wrapped my hands around the mug. Ramone kicked his shoes off and sat on the bed next to me.

Despite the fact that I had only just met him, it felt truly natural – just as my reactions to Devon had been. I had never been one for dating numerous men, or many men at all for that matter, but the idea of having two mates didn't scare me. Maybe it should have. But I was calm, calmer than I probably should have been, but it felt right. Like I should have had Devon and Ramone by my side always.

I sipped on the cocoa, moaning unattractively at how nice it tasted. Ramone laughed at me, his eyes glistening as he looked at me. "It's good huh?" he teased.

"Yeah. I've been on a low sugar diet for too long" I replied, "I forgot how good chocolate is".

"Well I'm glad it was me that got to give you that pleasure again" he stated bluntly. He didn't say it with any undertones, but I still blushed as he smirked at me – because despite the normal way he spoke, he was obviously being sexual.

I bumped his shoulder playfully and he laughed warmly, making my face heat even more. I sent a mock glare his way before I took another sip of the cocoa. Ramone grinned at me before throwing his arm over my shoulder and pulling me in closer. I automatically cuddled up to him, my head resting on my shoulder as the fatigue hit me once more.

Ramone and I sat in silence for a long while, both finishing off our drinks, before he took the mugs and deposited them on the bedside table. I yawned as he turned back to me. "Told ya that nothing makes you sleepy like Grandmother's cocoa" he winked at me. He held the covers up for me to slip down.

I yawned again, noticing that dawn was breaking outside the window, as I rested my head back on the pillow. Ramone followed my line of sight, before walking over to the window and pulling the curtains over the small exposed split. He then awkwardly hovered at the edge of the bed.