Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Devon & Ramone

Devon and Ramone sat in their office, both going through their stacks of paperwork silently. The phone rang as Devon neared the end of his pile, and he nodded to his brother he would answer the phone. He took a sip of his coffee, to wet his dry mouth, before answering the phone.

"Black Bloods Pack, Commander Devon speaking" he recited.

"Devon, it's me" a familiar voice replied.

"Alpha". Devon automatically sat up straighter at Seth's voice coming down the telephone. "How are you? How is May?"

"I'm fine and May is...very pregnant and struggling". His voice was full of exhaustion that came from having a young son and another one soon on the way – but despite the exhaustion, Devon knew that Seth was happy and excited.

"I'm not struggling" a familiar voice shouted in the distance. Devon smirked at hearing his Luna's snappy tone. "It's your fault that I'm even in this mess! If you'd have just kept your horny paws to yourself then we'd--"

"Dammit, Mabel, not now" Seth grumbled, fatigue in his voice obvious. "And don't even start that whole 'I'm a completely innocent bystander' routine. You aren't an innocent little sixteen year old anymore".

"And who is responsible for corrupting that innocent little sixteen year old?" May shouted at Seth.

Seth sighed heavily, "you were never that innocent, Mabel. Now, please, I am trying to talk to Devon and Ramone".

"Oh" she said, her voice changing into a sweet angelic tone. "Hi guys, can't wait to see you". There were a few more whispered words from Seth, away from the receiver, before he came back onto the line and the sound of a door shutting sounded.

"She sounds fine to me. May is always grilling your ass for something or other" Devon teased him.

"She definitely keeps me on my toes, for sure" he grumbled. "But, despite the front she is putting on, this pregnancy is kicking her ass. Vance has started kindergarten full time now, so at least she's not running after him in her condition. But, for some reason this pregnancy is harder for her than when she had Vance".

"Well, hopefully she's have the little sprog soon" Devon replied, honestly. "Make sure you give her our best".

"She's actually going to come with me this time. We'll head up in a few days. I don't want to miss the birth. I almost missed it when Vance was born and she hasn't let me forget it, four years later. I'm not taking the risk with this kid".

Devon laughed, "women can hold onto their grudges forever, boss. And I imagine that May can hold onto herself for forever and a day" he teased. Seth gave a small grumbling laugh in reply. "But don't worry, boss, we'll have everything ready for you" Devon replied, as Ramone nodded at him – in agreement that they were ready for their Alpha's next trip.

"Good. I just wanted to let you know that even though Mabel isn't due for a few weeks yet, the doctor here thinks the baby might be early. Can you make sure that the doctor there knows, and the house is stocked with baby stuff? We decorated the nursery last time we were there, but we've not set up the crib and things".

"Not a problem, boss. Ramone and I will get on that this afternoon" Devon smiled.

"Thanks. Also, I heard through the grapevine that a congratulation is in order. I heard you found your mate".

"Yeah, I did. Well...Ramone and I both did. Tabitha is both of our mate" he explained. There was a long pause on the other side of the phone.

"That's very...interesting. I've not heard of that before".