Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen 

Ramone

"Get her out of my sight" Ramone hissed, voice harder than nails. He was angry. No, forget angry, he passed that point a long time ago. He wasn't sure he'd ever been so furious in his entire life.

"No, Ramone, please" Kim sobbed out, bottom lip quivering as she began to cry. But no actual tears came out. He was done with her shit. He was done with trying to pacify her and giving her the benefit of the doubt. To attack Tabitha, unprovoked, was unforgivable.

"Ramone, I'm sorry, please. I didn't mean to stab her. I blacked out because I was so angry. Tabitha, she--"

"Do not say her name" Ramone roared, with dominance that would rival any Alpha. He turned on Kim, who Chris and Javier were restraining, and his eyes pierced her. "Nothing you can say will make this better. Don't try and justify your actions, don't try and make excuses. It does not matter". Ramone turned back to Javier, "take her to the cells".

"Yes Commander" Javier nodded. They dragged Kim away – who was still screaming after Ramone – but he just walked away. Ramone's hands shook slightly, out of anger and worry for his mate.

He looked over to where Tabitha lay, in her Wolf form, with his brother knelt beside her whispering sweet words. He wanted to go over and be with her, but in the moment he just couldn't bring himself to do that. He turned away from them and stared coolly out at the forest, taking calming breaths.

Devon watched his brother, as he sat with Tabitha until she passed out from exhaustion. She seemed to have completely healed the stab wound in the shift, as expected, but he'd get the doctor to check her out when she shifted back later. For now, he could do nothing but be there for her.

"Ramone" he called to his brother, but he didn't turn to face him. He sighed before standing up and heading over to him. "She's unconscious" he informed him.

Ramone didn't turn to him, "stay with her".

"You're not staying too?" Devon frowned.

"I can't. Not right now, my head is in the wrong place".

"She needs us both, Ram. She's our mate".

Ramone spun on him, furious. "I know what she is to me. And I know the reason that Kim attacked her. It's my fault she is even hurt". Fury clouded his dark eyes. Devon watched his brother for a second, not sure what to say, before shaking his head.

"I'm going back to Tabby. Join us when you get off your damn pity party and realise that Tabitha is the one hurt and this isn't about you". He stormed away, leaving Ramone watching his retreating back. He went back over to their mate, shifted into his own wolf form and settling down next to her.

Ramone ran a hand down his face, feeling like screaming in anger, before heading back towards the office. He couldn't be what Tabitha needed right now, so it was better if he wasn't there at all. Devon had always been better at comforting people than him, so it made sense that he stayed with him.

"Commander" a voice called out to Ramone, as he walked into the office building. Ramone just shook his head at the man, who quickly saw the look on his face and decided the question could wait for a few hours – or until he saw the other commander.

Ramone stormed the rest of the way to his office, before slamming the door behind him. He stared at his large office for a moment, taking deep breaths, to calm himself as he tried to work through what to do about Kim.

He spent a while pacing in his office, debating the way to discipline the woman who'd stabbed his mate. Some Alpha's would kill anyone who hurt their mates – but he wasn't an Alpha and he couldn't execute someone, that was a right reserved only to Seth. So, he couldn't do that, plus he wasn't sure he'd have the stomach to kill Kim. Because despite how angry he was at Kim, some part of him still felt sorry for her.