Chapter 8 Part 2

*waves to the person who made me feel guilty into posting a new part* Hellooo, it's me.

and hi to @xogEMxo @CrissyBoo7  !

Chapter 8 Part 2

Home

"Lily," a big shadow suddenly loomed over us, effectively cutting our conversation.

Lily flinched, her eyes widening at the man, "Marcus!"

I looked up to the newcomer, annoyed at the interruption. 

Marcus was over six feet, his broad shoulders filling up his black suit nicely, a crisp white shirt beneath open at the throat. The face was striking— high cheek bones, a strong jaw line, deep-set dark eyes and darker hair over tanned skin. This was the man in the middle of the room earlier. The husband. And he was such a contrast to Lily's dainty figure.

He was unsmiling as he took in his wife, "I've been looking for you everywhere."

We just saw him with that other woman but Lily did not point that out. Instead, a nervous look replaced the earlier light expression on Lily's face, "I-I was here the w-whole time."

I may have questioned their interaction, but my and Zach's interaction wasn't any better so I kept quiet. Marcus's expression softened a bit, seeing the distress in his wife's manner.

"You've made friends?"

Lily's hand fretfully ran over her stomach before gesturing to me, "Well, this is Scarlett. We were just talking..." her tone was slightly defensive.

Marcus's dark eyes settled on me and for some reason, they hardened again.

"I don't think I approve of your choice of friends, Love."

What do I say to that?

Lily flushed red but immediately came to my defense, "T-That's not your call to make! S-she's nice to me."

Marcus frowned, looking back to Lily but didn't say anything more. Another figure appeared beside him then, glowing blue eyes directed at me. I tensed, straightening my back.

"Marcus," Zach said, staring at me, "You should be careful with how you talk about my wife."

Marcus shrugged, glancing at me for a split second, "I still don't get what it is about her that you like."

Zach's blue gaze flashed warning.

Marcus sighed, as if bored then turned to Lily, "It's time to go home, Love."

"B-but—" Lily turned to me. We were still having a conversation. I glanced at Zach but I couldn't read anything from his expression.

"We're leaving too. I've had enough of this party and Scarlett needs to rest." Zach said, holding out a hand to me. I also wasn't sure if I should take his hand but with a look of apology to Lily, I took it.

Lily finally stood, reluctantly going to Marcus's side. She was looking at me as if wanting to say something. Zach started to turn, pulling me along, and I waved at her before turning away.

"W-Wait!" Zach and I turned back, "We're friends now, right?"

I nodded with a smile.

"Lily," Marcus admonished.

"We'll be seeing each other again?" she asked hopefully, "Can I at least have your phone number?"

I ignored her glaring husband and smiled apologetically, "I hope we can but I don't have a phone."