We have to tell her

Lucia’s POV:

I climbed back through my window. I was half asleep and didn’t pay any attention to what I was doing. I managed to get one of my feet through, but the other one got caught on the window pane and I fell face first onto the floor.

Ouch.

Luckily a werewolf heals quickly; otherwise my body will still be sore after the stupid red head flung me into a tree. She showed up again trying to get past us, we almost had her a few times but she keeps getting away.

We chased her all the way to the Canadian border again. To be honest, I’m not really interested in the red head. I’m more interested in the Bruce guy. He’s #1 on my ‘leeches to kill’ list. I have to.

What if he hurts Lex or mom? Maybe if even kill them. I won’t let that happen. I can't. At least there haven’t been any signs that he found us yet. Or at least, not that we know of.

I got up from the ground and went straight to bed. The clock showed 05:08 in big red letters. Hopefully I’ll get a few more hours of sleep...

I woke to loud voices coming from downstairs. I rolled over and looked over at my clock. 12:35. It felt like I only had a few minutes of sleep. I pulled the pillow over my head, but it didn’t help at all. Stupid super hearing.

I reluctantly got out of bed and stumbled a few times before gaining my balance enough to walk. When I got downstairs Alexis was sitting on the couch and mom was pacing in front of Alexis giving a lecture, while dad was trying hard to keep his game face on.

“But you hate her too.” Alexis interrupted mom’s speech.

“I never said I hated her, I just don’t particularly like her.” Mom explained. “But you don’t see me going around and spraying her with a hose.”

Lex sighed dramatically. “It was an accident.”

“She was in her room. On the second floor!” Mom stopped pacing by now and was standing in front of Lexy, staring down at her. “I fail to see how that was an accident!”

“I thought she was on fire.” Lex said defensively.

Dad couldn’t keep it in anymore, he was laughing pretty hard.

Mom sighed. “What am I gonna do with you?”

“Let me off with a warning.” Lex said smiling innocently. “Because if you think about it, I didn’t actually do anything wrong. I thought I was saving a poor old lady’s life.”

“She’s not old, she just turned 47.” Mom chuckled.

“Really? And here I thought I discovered my first fossil.” Lex pouted. “Now I have to go dig in some stranger’s back yard in search of a dinosaur like all the other fossil searcher people. Hey, that’s not actually a bad idea. I could be rich.”

Lex said deep in thought for a sec then looked up at mom. “Do you think Mrs. Uptight is gonna mind if I use her backyard to dig. I’m pretty sure she’s got some bones buried down there.”

“How is she not gonna mind someone digging large holes in her yard. She nearly got a heart attack with the leaves yesterday.” Mom shook her head and sat down next to Lex.

“You're right.” Lexy thought for another second. “I should take someone with me. You know, maybe she won’t try anything when there’s a witness. Or what if she does? She could be kill crazy. No wonder here’s not many people in this neighbourhood. She killed them all and we could be next!”

“Definitely like your father.” Mom sighed, dad still just stood there laughing.

“Okay I'm glad you got this whole situation sorted out.” I said trying to get some silence in the house. “Can you guys please just talk a little quieter; I'm really tired and would appreciate a few more hours of sleep.”