The truth

Alexis’s POV:

“I love you.” Paul whispered in my ear, running his fingers through my hair.

“I love you too.”

His warm hands cradled my face, carefully, like I was a breakable porcelain doll. His dark brown eyes looked deep into mine. He bent his head down toward me, and I stretched up on the tips of my toes, throwing my arms around his neck. His warm, soft lips touched mine with eagerness. My fingers traced the perfect planes of his warm, bare chest. One of his hands still cupped my face, while the other was tight around my waist, pulling me closer. Not long later his hands found its way to my shirt and started undoing the buttons, but he was too impatient and ripped it right off….......

Knock. Knock.

“Go away!” I shouted half asleep. “He finally took off my shirt!”

A loud crash came from my bedroom door. I immediately sat up and saw Paul standing in the doorway and my door on the ground.

He was looking around my room as if he was searching for something or someone.

“Dude!” I got up from bed and picked up my door. “First you rip my favourite shirt then you break my door. What the hell is wrong with you?”

“I never ripped your shirt.” He said relaxed now, but was still slightly confused.

“Who said anything about a shirt?” I asked playing dumb.

“You did.”

“No I didn’t.” I put my door against the wall and climbed back in bed. “Now if you’ll excuse I was in the middle of the awesomest dream ever.”

“I really need to talk to you.” Paul said sitting down on the edge of my bed.

I yawned and closed my eyes, trying to sleep. “Later.”

“I really need to talk to you now.”

“Later.” I mumbled, almost asleep again.

I heard Paul sigh and felt him stand up. But I didn’t expect what happened next. I felt myself being lifted off the bed by warm hands. Paul threw me over his shoulder and carried me out my room and down the stairs.

“Paul, put me down.” I whined, hitting his back.

“Later.” I could hear the smile in his voice.

He carried me past the living room where mom, dad, Lucia, Jacob and Sam were sitting. And then out the door and into the woods.

"Where are you taking me?” I asked suspicious.

“A place where we can talk.” Paul answered, the nervousness were thick in his voice.

“Dude, you sound like a chick.” I mumbled. “All you wanna do is talk.”

Paul chuckled nervously and set me down on a log.

“You couldn’t at least let me change first?” I asked looking down at my clothes.

“Naw. I think you look adorable in pyjamas.” Paul laughed nervously and sat down next to me.

"Okay, why are you so nervous?” I asked.

“Beause I don’t know how to say this.”

“You’re finally coming out of the closet?”

“What?”

“It’s nothing to be ashamed of. One of my best friends is gay.” I comforted him by giving him a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder.

“I’m not gay!”