Unbelievable

Lucia’s POV:

“Lucia, help me!”

I’ve been running after the voice for a long time. It feels like I’ve been running for hours. And every time I finally reach the place where the voice was calling from, it disappears and just sounds further away.

I just kept running as fast as my feet can carry me.

“Lucia!” the voice cried for about the millionth time.

I ran until I finally came across a clearing. It had beautiful flowers and green grass everywhere.

“Help me!”

Around me the flowers withered and the grass died. The sky darkened and the lightning was the only light source.

In the distance I saw the figure of a girl. Her hand was reached out to me and her eyes were filled with fear.

I the blink of an eye a man was standing behind her with a menacing smile plastered on a face that I know all too well. The face of a creature I want dead.

Bruce.

I tried moving, but I couldn’t. It was like I was frozen and my feet were nailed to the ground. I couldn’t do anything but watch as he put his hands on either side of her neck.

“Lucia please.” The girl whimpered just as he snapped her neck to the side with a sick bone crunching sound.

I watched helplessly as the girl’s limp body fell to the ground.

“Alexis!”

My eyes flew open. I gasped aloud disoriented by the dark room; I quickly turned on the lamp on the bedside table.

I lay shivering and gasping in my bed, trying to break free of the dream. It had been so real, so vivid.

I quickly got out of bed and ran to Alexis’s room with Saphira right behind me. When I got to Lexy’s room I couldn’t help sighing relieved.

Alexis was sprawled in bed asleep with her back to the door. Turbo was fast asleep on the edge of the bed by her feet.

After I made sure Lexy is okay I quietly shut the door behind me (Dad put it back after Paul broke it down) and went down to the kitchen to get a glass of water. After that I went to the living room and lied down on the couch. Saphira lied down next to me.

I don’t know what I would’ve done if that nightmare was real. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if Lexy got killed by that parasite. Hopefully we wouldn’t have to worry about that for long.

Lexy’s gotta be close to joining us then we only have mom to worry about. She still won’t be able to protect herself. It’s just…I can’t shake this feeling that something bad is gonna happen….

My thoughts were interrupted by an ear splitting scream coming from upstairs.

Mom and dad are out for the night so there is only one person who it could come from.

In incredible speed I was upstairs and burst through Alexis’s bedroom door.

Thankfully Turbo was the only one in her room, he was sitting alert. Lexy was sitting up her bed, drenched in sweat and tears streaming down her face.

“Lexy, are you okay? What happened? What’s wrong?” I buried her with questions, sitting next to her and rubbing her back in attempt to calm her down, but it didn’t help.

She sobbed uncontrollably, not being able to answer any of my questions.

I pulled her into hug and to let her cry on my shoulder. “Shhhh, Lex it’s okay.”