Unexpected Rain

Alexis’s POV:

We were sitting on Lucia’s bed just talking about boys. Past boyfriends, current boyfriends, and celebrity crushes.

I never talked like this before. It makes me feel so girly. Gross. This has to stop!

“I love it when Jacob tells he tells me he loves me.” Lucia sighed.

“I love it when Jared holds me tight and whisper sweet nothings in my ear.” Kim sighed.

“I love it when the pizza guy shows up ten minutes early.” That ought to do it.

Kim and Lucia looked at me puzzled. “Seriously?” Luc asked. “From girly back to Alexis just like that?” She snapped her fingers.

“What can I say? Being Alexis is awesome.” I joked and puffed out my chest in pride.

Lucia and Kim busted out laughing. Suddenly Lucia stopped laughing and grabbed me and Kim by the arm. Kim and I immediately stopped laughing and looked at her expectently.

She listened to something then a huge grin spread over her face. “Paul’s here!”

I let out an unexpected squeal. “Wait, how do I look?”

“You look fine.” Luc answered while she and Kim pushed me out.

“But what if…”

“Would you stop? You look beautiful. Paul is gonna love it.” Kim tried convincing me. But I wasn’t that convinced.

At the top of the stairs I could hear voices coming from the living room. But one voice stood out from all the others. Paul.

I turned around on the balls of my feet to run away, but Luc and Kim caught me before I could and walked me down the stairs.

Halfway down the stairs they left me to walk alone on my own. Which if you think about it is committing murder, because Lucia knows I can’t walk in heels.

If I fall and break my neck she is gonna be the one who cries the most at my funeral and say it’s all her fault. In the meantime I will be standing right behind her, haunting her for the rest of her miserable life. Which is a long time by the way.

So I leaned against the railing to keep myself from falling. As I walked carefully down the stairs Paul came into view. Once he saw me his eyes lit up and a massive smile spread across his face.

Naturally I let go of the railing to look as good as those girls coming down the staircase in those sappy teen movies. And that was the biggest mistake I have ever made. And trust me I’ve made a lot.

I paid so much attention to Paul that I accidentally miss stepped a step.

Lucia this is it. I’m gonna haunt your ass forever.  I thought as I tripped and fell to my death.

I closed my eyes and prayed for a second chance.

I thought my life was over when I hit something. When I opened my eyes I was looking at the most beautiful creature in existence. “Am I in heaven?”

“No.” The husky voice answered conserned.

“Oh, no. I’m in hell, aren’t I? I know I’ve done some bad things, but I didn’t think it was that serio...wait, if the devil doesn't look like Mark Pellegrino I'm gonna be pissed.”

“Lexy you’re not in hell either. You’re still alive.”

“Damn. I was actually looking forward to haunt my sister’s fat ass.”

Voices around me erupted in laughter.

“My ass is not fat!” Lucia shouted running down the stairs toward Jacob. “Is it?” She asked him and turned around so he could look at her butt.