Chapter 1

☆Personal Perspective☆
No one knows what happens to us. Some say that we packed up and left the colony for better conditions, which is stupid in my opinion. Who would want to leave the spot to look out for our founder with the extra supplies and more men? Others say that we were killed by the savages, which is again false though that's what most of us thought initially been, but after I "disappeared," it is evident that Natives didn't kill us. The real reason that no one could find us was simple and the land was cursed to those who lived on it. I watched as years fly by quickly; people tried to reclaim the ground but never could. But one family built a mansion on my grave, trapping me in this place before the damn Civil War. So I repaid them with a bit of gift of insanity and suicide leave my prison and the land untouched once again, allowing time and nature to take control. I lost count of the years after 1899, and my insanity kicked in. I've never felt so alone... well, if you don't count the demon that tries to convince me to leave with him. He's the reason that the land was cursed; his's follower killed his wife and child to condemn the ground as punishment for the first white men ship that slaughtered his tribe.

"Beautiful little flower, why stay here? I could bring you happiness. You could see your family again," he whispers seductively in my ear. But I sat on m my makeshift swing made by the two nooses hanging in my room. The blood splatter on the wall looks like a wine stain on aged parchment paper. I knew he was lying; my family's spirits left the world, and so did everyone else. I was alone. The demon told me that he'd give me the world if I love him. He even began promising to make me immortal and physical again if I became his. Most girls in my time would have jumped at the chance to be alive and see their family again, but not me, of course. I was way ahead of my time.
I refuse to marry anyone who didn't love me, and I didn't love back. It was, in my opinion, a sin of the highest. It's the main reason why the couple committed adultery: no love, just social status and money. I was about to send the demon off until I heard the door open and voices. "This place is a dump, Slender," a raspy voice says with an annoyed hiss. "Please tell me that there's at least indoor plumbing," a feminine voice whined. My curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to take a peek at my new unwanted guests.
I may be lonely, but that doesn't me that I want strangers in my home that could potentially force me out—creeping down the stairs, I find myself staring at the four paper pale masters and their eight servants. One of the faceless men wasn't wearing a shirt, just a long jacket, black pants, and a relatively small hat. The other three were dressed in different style suits that I've seen in the after offered to us after our death so long ago. The master, without any identification of a face, let out a low growl that sent desire up and down my spine. "Clockwork and Ben, this is our new home, so please show some respect. As soon as we're settling in, we can give this place a small touch-up," he says. I couldn't help licking my lips at the tall faceless man who spoke; he was dominant in the way that my time would have demeaned as barbaric. "Daddy, there's a woman on the stairs," a little girl in pink says as she hugs a toy tightly to her chest, staring dead at me. When I notice the, I've become slightly visible to those not like me, and everyone was now staring. So I did want anyone would do...I ran back into my room and once again because invisible to the outsiders. I heard the patter of footsteps until the little girl opens my door and looks around. "Hello?" Her eyes find mine, and I realize why she is as dead as I am. I kneel to her and hug her tightly. "You poor, poor dear, who would kill a child as innocent as you," I whisper. Only the dead can see me when I'm entirely invisible.