Auditions and Bar Fights - Chapter 19

The next morning was unbelievably difficult for you. You were gracelessly sleeping, completely passed out with your mouth half-open. It was a surprise that you didn't wake up while chewing on your pillow.

"[Y/N]," Erik murmured. Watching you sleep was quite entertaining for him. You rolled around quite a bit now, probably because of the tremendous amount of exhaustion that seemed to hit you over the past couple of weeks, and it became the perfect opportunity to just see how different you were...

While most women would be quite embarrassed to be seen in that position, especially in front the man who they were madly in love with, you were just fine with him seeing you like that. For the most part.

"[Y/N], wake up— you're drooling."

Okay, that was a bit of a stretch, and Erik sure as hell knew it... but hey. It got you to jolt up, gasp, and rush to wipe your mouth just in case he was actually telling the truth (which he wasn't). No matter what condition you were in or who was watching you, that wouldn't change the fact that drooling was gross.

You checked the pillow for any of the supposed 'drool,' and of course, you soon realized that he had done it just to get you awake. You could only stare at Erik for a few moments.

"Erik," you groaned, your lips parting into a soft smile before you let your head fall back down on the pillow. "Why'd you do that?"

Because your face was covered by the pillow, your voice was much more muffled, and it was probably something indecipherable at that point. Even Erik seemed to have some troubles cracking the code, and as he stared at you blankly for a few moments, your head shot up again... that was mostly because you didn't get a response, though.

"I was going to wake up," you said with a frown.

Erik had to roll his eyes on that one.

"Sure you were," he said with a soft smile. "That's why you were drooling all over your pillow with your eyes tightly shut."

It took you a moment to process what he had said. Your mind was still a little slow, as your groggy thought process was doing more harm than good at that point, but you soon realized that it was him trying to insult you. Of course, it wasn't a literal insult, as this was just the sense of humor that the both of you shared, but it was enough to get you to swat at him playfully (and then of course laugh about it afterward).

It didn't take you too long after that to get ready for the day.

Of course, Erik had been one to help you out a tremendous amount, as he (still) had a few dresses down there for you to choose from and was simply accustomed to these types of things. It helped that he knew how to be a gentleman.

Sure enough, you were ready for your audition in no time. Your hair was pulled back beautifully, your makeup was done with an impeccable attention to detail, and your dress was a perfect fit...

And of course, you absolutely nailed your audition.

Matthew decided to take you out for dinner as a way to 'celebrate your successful audition,' although in a way, it was simply so that the both of your could discuss the circumstances surrounding your affair.

The two of you were eating out at the bar again. You both put on a facade, as if to pretend like you two were about to go into a corner and make out with one another, although your conversation seemed to say otherwise.

"He found out?" Matthew asked, giving a glance around to see if anyone was listening in... And just in case, your conversation was very vague - while a passerby might have assumed it meant that someone found out about your affair, you were currently on the topic of Erik.