An Unplanned Wedding - Chapter 25

Christine and Madame Giry certainly tried to make the wedding lovely. It wasn't the most fancy wedding in the world, but they knew (as it was true) that an exchange of vows was all that could make you happy until the real wedding...

But still.

They spent a couple of hours getting you and Erik ready (quite a ways away from each other, just so it could limit the chances of you both getting a peek at each other before... Well, getting married.

As Christine helped you get your makeup done, you heard some shuffling and a couple crashes coming from right outside of your... Well, curtain. You had to bite back a chuckle when you head Matthew swear under his breath.

"Careful, [Y/N]," Christine smiled. "Move to much, and I might accidentally mess it up."

"Sorry," you said with a smile.

"Don't worry about it," Christine said. Her smile faded only because she was concentrated on finding the correct eyeshadow for you, and she was soon carefully brushing it onto your eyelid. "And don't peek yet."

She definitely knew what colors went best with others— and somehow, it all looked natural, unlike any stage makeup you assumed she'd specialize in... But you didn't know that yet.

She was putting on your dress before you knew it.

You had to see that (since you were putting it on), but you had to admit that it was undeniably gorgeous. It was entirely white (thus, making you afraid to get makeup on it), and you were soon confused as to how she had gotten such a wonderful dress in such a short amount of time.

"It was my mother's," she smiled, as if reading your mind. "I've had it for a while, but never got the chance to wear it— so I'll let you wear it for tonight."

You smiled.

"Thank you, Christine."

"It's my pleasure, [Y/N]," she chuckled as she began to button it up. "It looks lovely on you."

Soon enough, once Christine had gone through all of the trouble to get your hair done (that included your veil), you were finally ready... But of course, that also meant that you had to wait until it was all ready.

That gave you the chance to look at the guest list.

"This is everyone that Madame Giry planned on inviting," Christine nodded. "There's not many people, but again. Your official wedding will probably have many more on the list."

Guest List
- Matthew André
- Raoul and Christine de Changy
- Fr. Florian Beaumont
- Yours truly, Madame (do not expect my first name) Giry

Four whole people... Christine wasn't lying when she said there wasn't too many people. You bit your lip and soon noticed that Meg's name had been crossed out, which made you frown in the slightest.

"Why isn't Meg allowed to come?" you asked with a frown. "I thought—"

"She doesn't know about your situation," Christine said. "We don't want to risk anything."

That made sense...

However, your heart still dropped in the slightest. You remembered how you and Meg once promised to be the maid of honor at each other's wedding (even though quite young, you still took it seriously). But Meg hadn't even been invited to yours... planned or not.