Chapter 9.

Welcome back loves! I hope you enjoy!

---

Jax hugged me then got into the car, Raven looked me up and down awkwardly. "Bye." I heard a slight mumble.

"Goodbye." I said as Raven retreated into the car as well.

I watched as the car holding my mate and brother went into the oblivion. This week should be easy. I don't need a man to make me feel safe. That's the whole reason I'm training. To be able to fight on my own and make myself stronger. However, the more I thought about Raven and Jax, the more I felt as if I needed them. Specifically Raven, I've been away from Jax for weeks at a time. Although I have just met Raven and I feel as if I need to be near him. The day before felt like a living hell just from being away from him during my heat. In fact, last night was torture during dinner, I had to act as if I was fine even through my pain just so mother wouldn't suspect anything.

I still had not understood the reasoning behind keeping such things from Mother, she deserved to know that her own husband and children were not who they were posing to be, right? Surely she would not hurt the pack if she knew.
———

The days passed unbearably slow, I felt lonely without Raven and even a part of me missed him. I was unsure of what was part of the bond and what was my own logical thinking. Either way I knew I missed him. I only had to wait 3 more days until they would be returning . I spread nutella on my toast as Katherine talked. Surprisingly, I had been spending even more time at the Pack House than the previous days with Raven. I chewed on my toast enjoying the hazelnut chocolatey flavor. I was lost in my thoughts until a loud bang of the door sounded throughout the Pack house.

My head immediately snapped to the side where I heard the sound, I glanced at Katherine giving her the ' What-The-hell' look. Katherine shrugged her shoulders and got off her bar stool to look through the kitchen.

"May I please see the Alpha?" A feminine voice called out.

Katherine peered her head back into the kitchen, "Looks like your first Luna duty is here." She said, pulling on my arm to drag me out of the kitchen.

"Wha-" I was unable to finish before I walked into the main entrance of the Pack house and noticed a woman waiting in the center. She was tall with long dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes. She looked remarkably close to the woman in the photo I had seen in Raven's office.

"Hello, do you know where I can find the Alpha?" The woman asked. She looked rather jumpy and nervous. I took note of this, suspicious of her actions as she fiddled with the hem of her coat.

"Raven is on a trip at another pack on the Canadian border." I briefly said, lifting my chin to meet her eyes.

"Do you know when he will be back? I have some important information to discuss with him, it's too much to discuss over mind link." The woman said, pulling at her hem before tightening her grip on her purse.

"Raven will be back in three days." I answered, I was unsure of how to respond to the situation. I knew Luna's were a leading figure but I still was unsure of how to go about it all.

"Oh dear, I suppose it's enough time... Hun? You shouldn't call the Alpha by his first name, it's very disrespectful." The woman said, I moued at the fact that this wasn't the first time someone had told me this.

I thought back to when Martha had told me this, . "Uh I'm actually-"

I heard the door open again, cutting me off. I peered over the woman in front of me to see Micheal, our trainer.

"Luna Lily!? Is that really you!?"

"Yes Micheal, it's me." The woman beamed, a gracious grin lifting to her lips.