Chapter 28.

Enjoy!
———

"What the fuck do you mean 'I don't know"?" I stomped over.

"I mean, I don't know! After she was left here I went to go look for her within the group but they all said they hadn't seen her. So I went looking around the building and I haven't seen any sign of her." Jax spoke nervously, he fidgeted with his fingers before rubbing a hand through his hair. I was livid, how could he not find his own sister and my mate?

I pushed him away from the door and walked down the hallway. I sniffed the air looking for her scent. I huffed when I couldn't sense her. I walked down another corridor and stopped in my tracks when I heard distant talking.

"Let me go!" I heard someone yell.

I followed in the direction I heard the voices. Her voice.

Once I reached a door I turned the knob quickly. Delaney sat— bounded by rope—in a chair in the middle of the room while a woman stood, her back away from me. Once the woman turned around my mouth dropped.

"Victoria." I stated. My brows furrowing, I should have known she would have a place in this. She was a caustic woman, one that dare I say... I hated. It was not often that I hated someone but besides my father she was at the top of the list. She made me feel heart broken, when I was meant to save myself for my true mate, Delaney... She stole that opportunity from me.

She smiled and made her way towards me, "Yes baby, it's me." She grabbed my head in her hands. I cringed in disgust and pushed her arms away.

"What's wrong?" She frowned.

"You. That's what's wrong. I wished to never see you again!" I yelled towards her and pushed her to the ground. I didn't care about the rule of not harming a woman in this moment. I wanted to hurt her.

"Oh you don't mean that! Take me back home, we can end off what we started." She frowned while getting back up. She brushed the dirt off her blouse and straightened her pencil skirt.

I watched from the corner of my eye as Delaney smiled at Victoria while I rejected her. I was happy to see that she was unbothered by the situation unfolding and the words Victoria expressed. I meant to tell Delaney, I really did but when my father's antics came back into my lie I simply never got the chance to...

"You- you're the rat in the pack aren't you? Every time you visited someone- your family they would tell you what's going on and you told Adam. How dare you!?" I yelled when I came to the realization.

"Oh baby you know that's not true." She whispered as she came my way.

"Get away from me you bitch." I growled.

She wrapped her arms in my hair and crashed her lips onto mine. I cringed into the kiss yet she deepened it, pushing her body closer to mine. I attempted to push her off yet she wouldn't budge. I turned my head to the side to get away from her. I stared at Delaney's shocked expression. I finally pushed Victoria off of me harshly.  I mentally praised the fact of her lips being off of me. I watched her body stumble back slightly.

She walked away slowly moving her hips. I walked to Delaney and untied the rope that was put around her small frame. I growled once I got a good look at the bloody rim on her wrists from the cuffs she was forced to wear. Her waist grew smaller and she looked awfully weak from the lack of food. I looked into her eyes sharing an expression of pain, pain that she had to experience this. I would have given myself any day to have myself go through it instead of her.

Once Delaney was untied Victoria turned around "Why don't you want me back." She whispered  lowly.

"Because I have everything I need. I have my real mate." I spoke loudly, my arm lightly caressing her shoulder.